Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Alaska Is Home to Over 50% of America’s Last Remaining Blockbuster Video Stores • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

There's actually a small, albeit growing number of mom and pop dvd stores popping up.

Raku likes this.
  2. sukottokairu

Regular

i live in alaska and honestly i'm surprised there are even blockbusters left here, i haven't been to one in probably close to a decade. of course i have the fond nostalgic memories of going in and picking a movie or game rental off the many walls of disc cases. but there's pretty good internet available at most populated locations now, and great internet in the bigger towns and cities. i have 1 Gbps internet with unlimited data. but, my friend that lives 10 miles down the road has to pay the same amount for 100 Mbps with data caps, so it does vary a lot.

Raku likes this.
  3. manoverboard679

If you have to ask, you can't afford it

This is awesome and I actually remember that cover with the cleavage on the front. Please tell me you really misspelled it as "course" and you're mom just didn't notice haha

Raku and youwontknow like this.
  4. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I worked at Family Video for 6 years and they are the worst goddamn company in the world. They treat their employees like absolute garbage. My experience there makes it REALLY hard to feel sentimental about video stores.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

The video store in my old home town in Indiana is still alive and kicking. Busy as all hell Friday/Saturday. Makes me happy.

6. youwontknow

If I smile with my teeth, bet you'd believe me

Great question. If I'm still accidentally misspelling it at age 33, then it's safe to say I spelled it wrong when I was 13. Haha

7. zporter92

Regular

Whereabouts do you live?

8. Jared Luttrell

Regular

That is really cool. I too have a lot of nostalgic memories of Blockbuster from my childhood, it was great discovering new games for N64 and PS1 just be browsing whatever they had.

9. The Pharmacist

Legal Drug Dealer Prestigious

This is beautiful.

youwontknow likes this.
  10. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

we used to have two video rental places in my hometown. one was massive and had a great selection, the other was pretty crappy but had a 5 for $5 special on older releases, and also connected to a liquor store.
    guess which one is still in business.

youwontknow likes this.