Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Aladdin (Guy Ritchie, May 24, 2019) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by stayillogical, Jul 16, 2017.

1. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Considering all the animals talk in Jungle Book and Lion King, not sure why Iago is where they draw the line lol

2. Dog with a Blog

Hm

GrantCloud likes this.
  3. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

That really would be an improvement.

GrantCloud likes this.
  4. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  5. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Wow that's weird what a difference just the chin makes. Although pretty much everything needed some fine tuning in the live action shot lol

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

ChaseTx and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

With a longer trailer and more context, this looks much better. And I think having Will Smith look like a normal person with powers to blend in with everyone works much better than the still terrible looking blue makeup.

Other than that makeup and Jafar looking and sounding way too young, this looks like a fun kids movie. I don't know if I'll see it in theaters, but I could imagine this being a fun movie.

8. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Honestly, that looks pretty solid. Jafar still seems like a snooze but everything else was pretty fun

coleslawed likes this.
  9. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Much better trailer there. I think Jafar seems fine though. We don't get enough of him to really judge, but I think it's better that Jafar looks younger if the plot point of him marrying Jasmine to become sultan is still there.

ChaseTx likes this.
  10. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

But wasn't him being much older in the original drive the point home even more how evil and creepy he was? I think it would be more effective if he was older.

SpyKi likes this.
  11. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Pretty much, but I don't think the older age is necessary. I think it's better if you have a younger Jafar comparable to Aladdin's age in order to drive the point about who you know or being royalty determining where you end up in the society presented in the movie.

12. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The big CGI Genie still looks rough, his movements had some jank to them for sure, but on the whole it seems a lot better than what they've shown before.

13. BackyardHero11

Trusted

this looks like a lot of fun. definitely better than previous trailers. though, I really hate Jafar's voice

bradsonemanband likes this.
  14. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

bradsonemanband likes this.
  15. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Can he just play Iago as Steve the Pirate?

16. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Loved the new trailer - very excited to see this!

I know buzz hasn't been great so far but my expectations aren't too high. Just love the story and looking forward to seeing it on the big screen.

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

18. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

man this looks like a mess

19. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I'm pretty excited for it

SpyKi likes this.
  20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm still very excited about this. I hope it's great.

21. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Yeah. I think people just overreacted to Will Smith/Genie. All the trailers since have looked pretty good.

ChaseTx likes this.
  22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

23. Serh May 21, 2019
    (Last edited: May 21, 2019)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

So this was an overall dud. Not without its moments, but it's rarely any better than when it's rehashing something from the original. I never quite bought Aladdin and Jasmine together in this, and the Jafar here is cringeworthy. Like, every line he's basically holding a giant neon sign that says I'm The Villain Look How Evil I Am. Will Smith as the genie is at least serviceable, but he's often injecting a light impersonation of himself into it which has some charm but only goes so far. Ultimately very limp and might've benefitted from a more fitting director

Zilla likes this.
  24. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I'm not a huge fan of these live action remakes in the first place, but Guy Ritchie was such a baffling choice to direct this. And I say that as a fan of a bunch of his movies.

25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Spoilers I guess?

Anthony_, Zilla and Dog with a Blog like this.