Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Aladdin (Guy Ritchie, May 24, 2019) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by stayillogical, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I love all of Guy Ritchie's early films, and the Sherlock Holmes ones were kinda fun, but I think it is so incredibly fucked up that the guy makes a $175 million dollar King Arthur movie that makes $39 million dollars at the domestic box office and Disney is immediately like "bro, here's $250 million go make a live-action Aladdin!"

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

He was already signed on for Aladdin before King Arthur came out.

3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

"Blue lives don't matter today"

Brent, Tim and Fronnyfron like this.
  4. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Supporter

This might end Will Smith. Never should have done a remake on this movie. Robin Williams would have been pissed!

[​IMG]

5. Dog with a Blog

BB00E6A7-C2D1-4EBE-B1AA-517CE89A682E.jpeg

6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  7. Dog with a Blog

It looks really bad but at the same time I dunno what we expected. Like, I can’t think of how else they’d do it unless it was pure CG

coleslawed likes this.
  8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I expected it to be bad, but not in this specific way.

9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Probably fucked up, but I honestly hope it fails so spectacularly that it puts an end to this reboot/remake craze we're in. Disney, you have enough money. You have ALL OF THE FUCKING MONEY, you don't need to do this.

That said, I thought the quick shot of the city with the elephants and all the colors looked cool. But this shouldn't have ever been made.

Anthony_ and Brent like this.
  10. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I really liked Jungle Book and I think Dumbo looks cool. But I had no interest in Beauty and the Beast and really none in this now lol. Cautiously optimistic about Lion King I guess.

11. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

BatB was such a weak remake... Dumbo at least looks interesting, but not holding my breath. LK... too early to tell, but at least it has a good cast.

Jungle Book was a good film though.

And like Mick said, outside of a weak Jafar, non-talking Iago, and hilariously CGI'd over Genie, the city shot looked cool.

joe.boy.fresh. and slimfenix182 like this.
  12. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

13. Dog with a Blog

To be fair, it ain’t Will’s fault

coleslawed, Joe4th, Brent and 3 others like this.
  14. Dog with a Blog

I actually think he’s a good choice. He’s got the charisma. It’s bad direction/special effects that is not on his side.

15. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Lol the hate this movie is getting so far is insane. I hope this movie, with an incredibly awesome and diverse cast, does extremely well. Who cares if Will smith looks silly as hell.

16. Wait. Iago isn’t going to talk in the movie???

17. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I really liked Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast, pumped for Dumbo, not sure how I feel about Lion King yet. this one I'm not super sold on, but we'll see. I don't think it shouldn't have been made, but so far haven't seen anything from it that gets me hyped either.

18. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Haven’t seen the new trailer but I’m still excited to check this out when it’s released

19. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

coleslawed and recall reality like this.
  20. I hope this is good. They do need to change how the genie looks, though. That shouldn’t be too hard, right?

21. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I wouldn't be surprised if they go back and do something to touch it up and make it look better after this near universal backlash. I typically don't like the idea of fans/people on the internet effecting a movie like that but I hope they do change it.

22. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I don't really know how different it could be. he looks exactly like you'd expect

coleslawed and Joe4th like this.
  23. Yeah, I don't know what people expected the genie to look like... But I will say that it looks super dated. Reminds me of how they made Sinbad look in Shazaam.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  24. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I thought it was going to be a 100% CG character with just Will Smith's voice.

jkauf, Leftandleaving and GrantCloud like this.
  25. bradsonemanband Feb 13, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 13, 2019)
    It seems to me like they're going for a more "realistic" version of the story, rather than a total shot-for-shot remake.

Iago not talking, a more human-like genie, etc. It makes sense to me, assuming that's the purpose, but I don't like it. :-)

But really, this looks like a bad made for TV movie with a bigger budget.