Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Akira Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Even with Peele directing, I don't want this. Especially because they aren't going to cast Japanese actors, there's just no way.

3. I don't even know that Jordan Peele would want this. Taking on this project puts would put you under a lot of pressure, and he's new director, albeit a promising one.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I feel like it is just another rumor in a long line of nothing happening.

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Peele passed on this. lol

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  6. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

At this point it should just not happen

7. Figured he would pass. Warner Bros. should probably let this one go.

8. Dog with a Blog

Also, that trend of getting a fresh indie director and throwing them into a franchise needs to end. It's not like they are given any agency anyways.

9. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Cool to see him getting big jobs but I just want a What We Do In the Shadows sequel dammit

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

11. Probably a good call to focus more on the manga than the film. Though, he says the film is one of his favorites, so I imagine he'll at least evoke some of the stuff from it.

I am one of those people who have never read the books ha, but that makes this new adaptation more interesting.

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I bought this set, and adore it. Its a bummer the price went up about $70 since I grabbed it. Thing is gorgeous.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1632364611/?tag=absolutepunk-20

13. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Introduced the English dub to my friends last night after we smoked a few times. They were lost as hell, but completely into it lol.

14. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

If you think they were lost imagine how I feel having only seen it on acid haha.

Dog with a Blog and OotyPa like this.
  15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

16. Dog with a Blog

I’m curious, with how many garbage adaptations come out all the time, why is one of such a large fan base so hard to get off the ground? Is it because they actually want it to be good or something else? It’s just strange to me.

Also, I really like Waititi but I’m not sure he’d be a good fit here but who knows I guess

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Certainly sounds like Taika is putting all of his effort into Akira going forward. Curious to see what direction it goes.

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

xapplexpiex likes this.
  19. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I'd rather have Thor 4 tbh, I still maintain that a live-action Akira is a bad idea no matter who is making it

xapplexpiex and I Am Mick like this.
  20. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Recently, I read all 6 books at the library one weekend. Oh boy, what a ride. While the movie is a masterpiece, it doesn’t cover much of the manga. I’m curious to see how a live-action movie would work...