Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

AirBuddy: Easier AirPod Pairing With Your Mac

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

This is very cool:

AirBuddy brings the same AirPods experience you have on iOS to the Mac. With AirBuddy, you can open up your AirPods case next to your Mac and see the status right away, just like it is on your iPhone or iPad. A simple click and you’re connected and playing your Mac’s audio to AirPods.

beachdude likes this.
  2. ChrisTheMeat

this application just has the popup that shows the battery status. doesn't have anything to do with the pairing.

FrankieThe4th likes this.
  3. Jason Tate Feb 1, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 1, 2019)
    It let's you easily pair/connect to your Mac. It's awesome. I've been using it all week. It absolutely handles and makes paring and connecting when you put the AirPods in better.

wisdomfordebris and jorbjorb like this.
  4. bloodinthesand

Regular

Master and dynamic mw07 crush the AirPods

5. No W1 Chip? No way.

6. bloodinthesand

Regular

Yes, way...the sound quality and fit is WAY better

7. Neither are why I love AirPods. The W1 chip is why. (And those look ugly.)

8. Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

I've been obsessed with my jabra elite 65t active's. Only wireless earbuds that don't look hideous besides airpods IMO.

9. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I have Bose Soundsports and they’re amazing. They stay in, they pair up quick and they aren’t as ugly as AirPods (at least in my opinion). Something about the AirPods look just rubs me the wrong way. ‍♂️

10. Grabbed the app but it's not playing media through the AirPods. :( Love the quick pair to see charging status, but I'm not sure why it won't play anything.

11. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Damn, nice find Jason!! Definitely makes pairing easier.

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. But you have a cord around your head.

13. Computer meet the requirements?

14. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Am I doing something wrong with my AirPods? I see this app makes them work like they do on iOS, but....

Had them connected to my phone, and when I went to use my iPad last night I opened the case - spinning case graphic appeared, but nothing happens when I press it. Put AirPods in and they reconnect to my phone, despite media playing on my iPad. Typically have to go into bluetooth settings and connect there. Or swipe up to control center and select it as the output for audio and wait a few seconds to connect.

So really my AirPods on Mac already work like my AirPods on iOS - I have to go to Bluetooth and manually connect.

15. Click the button that says "click to connect" when you open the case and then you're connected.

Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 4.09.24 PM.png

16. I think so? Running MacBook Pro 13", early 2015. It has Bluetooth 4.0, which has LE from what I've read.

17. Do you use iTunes? Do they show up here?

Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 5.28.20 PM.png

18. Yes and yes. Tried connecting to them and it sat on connecting them for a while. Then I got a notification to check AirPlay settings. I keep hearing the notification on them that I've connected, but no media will play.
    Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 10.17.04 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 10.19.41 AM.png

19. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

I usually just switch to them via iTunes or System Preferences. What am I missing?

yeahrightdude likes this.
  20. theredline

Trusted Supporter

21. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Only problem I have with my AirPods. The annoying sync when you have multiple products. Wish it was just a button click to confirm.

fluxyjoe likes this.
  22. Embrace this button AirPod lovers:

Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 10.25.55 AM.png

23. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

Watch apple roll this into 10.14

beachdude and Jason Tate like this.
  24. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Instant purchase

beachdude likes this.