Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Against The Current/Chapel/Guccihighwaters - ‘Past Lives’ North America Tour Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by xthisislove, Jan 31, 2019.

1. xthisislove Jan 31, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 15, 2019)
    xthisislove

Regular

1E1E1707-5061-44DB-87F3-120C62F47D97.jpeg
    Tour Dates

March 22- Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade (Hell)
    March 23- Orlando, FL @ The Social
    March 25- Austin, TX @ Stubb (Indoor)
    March 26- Dallas, TX @ Club Dada
    March 28- Phoenix, AZ @ Rebel Lounge
    March 29- San Diego, CA @ Irenic
    March 30- Los Angeles, Ca @ Troubadour
    March 31- San Francisco, Ca @ Slim’s
    April 2- Portland, OR @ Holocene
    April 3- Vancouver, BC @ Imperial
    April 4- Seattle, WA @ Chop Suey
    April 6- Salt Lake City, UT @ In The Venue
    April 7- Denver, CO @ Bluebird Theater
    April 9- St. Paul, MN @ Amsterdam
    April 10- Chicago, IL @ Chop Shop
    April 12- Pontiac, MI @ The Crofoot Ballroom
    April 13- Toronto, ON @ Velvet Underground
    April 14- Montreal, QC @ L’ Astral
    April 17- New York City, NY @ Gramercy Theater
    April 18- Boston, MA @ Brighton Music Hall
    April 19- Philadelphia, PA @ World Cafe Live
    April 20- Washington DC @ U Steeet Music Hall

I didn’t see this posted anywhere. I’m not sure the status of the band here but I have never heard of more than two of these venues. Are they that small here?

2. They really overestimate their popularity. Last time they headlined in NYC they had to reschedule because it didn't sell nearly enough.

3. xthisislove

Regular

That bad? I know they’re massive in the uk. All I know them is the name from warped tour. Didn’t think it was THAT bad until I couldn’t notice any venues

4. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Excited for Portland. Their small headliners are better than bigger openers for them I feel like. When I saw them in a bigger venue with State Champs, they had virtually zero crowd participation or enthusiasm.

5. xthisislove

Regular

I was just surprised none of these outside of a couple are venues that I’m sure no ones heard of and it looks very poorly promoted

6. Darth Annihilus

Regular

They've headlined the Social 2 or 3 times here in Orlando in the past. So I guess they haven't grown or shrank in popularity in the last couple years.

7. xthisislove

Regular

How do they draw?

8. Darth Annihilus

Regular

They don't sell it out, but it's decently full. It's about a 450 cap btw.

9. xthisislove

Regular

I just ment in general. I just saw it online somewhere and realized I’d heard the name in the warped world but nothing about them otherwise.
    Kinda strange they announced a tour with little to no promotion or a single other band..

10. Darth Annihilus

Regular

I've only seen them in the Orlando area so I don't know about anywhere else. I'm surprised they're still signed to FBR, they haven't gotten pushed by then at all

Xpertguy5 likes this.
  11. Xpertguy5

Trusted

FBR has had a history of poorly promoting bands that aren't the big names like twenty one pilots, panic!, paramore etc. Then they wonder why they're not doing well and eventually get dropped from the label. I can see them being dropped before their next album (if there is one)

12. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I've rarely seen much buzz about this band anywhere except during the summer they played Warped Tour. I just checked and they have 770,000 monthly listeners on Spotify which is more than I expected. But I know you can't really gauge draw from that.

13. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I think they draw a lot more overseas.

14. xthisislove

Regular

I did a little research and apparently they’re massive overseas, Japan and South America. I never thought about the FBR connection all of their big acts I don’t even think they need to promote due to them being on live nation tours. Just so strange someone would announce a tour blindly with absolutly no other acts to get people to buy tickets

15. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

They're also playing main stage at Reading/Leeds Festival this year.

16. xthisislove Feb 3, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 10, 2019)
    xthisislove

Regular

From my research I did online it’s not the first time and they do mainstage. I guess that would put the truth to they’re large everywhere but here.

I don’t even see those bands promoted besides fan word of mouth or when live nation announces a tour. I knew a few people that have recently gone to these venues and they usually get upcoming shows passed out and the ATC tour is nowhere on the flyers.
    It seems like a big bummer on FBR because they for sure have a great track record of bands blowing up.

17. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Kinda like Zebrahead.

18. xthisislove

Regular

19. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Yup. They don't play America that much, though. If they did, they'd probably draw around 100 people at a headlining gig somewhere. In Japan and the U.K., they're headlining big venues. Sometimes, they'll do arena tours.

20. fbrrocks

Trusted

yep it was irving plaza a few years ago and me and my friend won like 6 tickets only need 2 for it and we couldnt give them away

21. fbrrocks

Trusted

same with patent pending

22. xthisislove

Regular

Full tour announced :
    ATC
    Chapel
    Armors

23. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Okay now I’m way stoked, been dying to see Chapel.

24. xthisislove

Regular

Wonder how the line up will go over with the low turn outs for ATC here

25. michael_gatto

Trusted

Will 100% be at this show now because of Chapel.

fbrrocks likes this.