Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Against Me! Band • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

She’s also teasing an upcoming tour being announced next week, so I think it’s time to get excited

Sean Murphy likes this.
  2. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Argus likes this.
  3. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

that would whip

4. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I want that. Badly.

Call it the BAM! Tour.

5. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

do a white crosses 10 year tour imo

Joe4th and jordalsh like this.
  6. bamboo bones best song of all time

Gallhammer, Osceola13, Joe4th and 2 others like this.
  7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

chewbacca110 likes this.
  8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

This was overhyped lol

phaynes12 likes this.
  9. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

against me overhyping something? no way

10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

That is a good lineup. Don't know the opener but the other three are all super solid.

11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Kind of want to go to Milwaukee but not sure I really want to commit to that drive on a sunday night

12. abw123

Trusted

I know nothing about Baroness. It's a metal band??

13. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Ish. They're more of a rock band now. They're very good but the last release probably isn't their best to be honest.

14. abw123

Trusted

Laura was pumping up this tour as something special. I was hoping for some really great openers that I know and love. No judgment on a band I've never heard of, but I was disappointed it wasn't bringing out Titus Andronicus or Dave Hause or White Reaper or something.

Expectations are a motherfucker.

15. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

maybe she really likes baroness

16. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I recommend their purple album. I feel they’re 1000% better live than on record.

17. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I finally started reading Tranny! I’ve had it on my shelf for what like 5 years?

I’ve always been a casual fan (except Transgender Dysphoria Blues ... got super into that album), but it encouraged me to dive back into their earlier discography.

Holy hell did I sleep on White Crosses all these years lol.

18. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

White Crosses is way better than New Wave

19. tomdelonge

Trusted

It really is. And New Wave is great!

Donnie Ruth and JRGComedy like this.
  20. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Saw them the other night and they were incredible as always. New songs sounded awesome!

21. adamlikesdogs

@meaninglessritual

How's the book?

22. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Im about 80 pages in and really enjoying this. Obviously a really easy, fast read.

So far heavily talks about her drug use as a teenager, how she got into it, why she did it, her punk roots, growing up in Florida and the shitty ass jocks who bullied her, starting the band and touring, while also beginning to dive into her dysphoria as a young child and how drugs became her substitute for her dysphoria.

I haven’t read many autobiography’s from musicians but very into this. Any Against Me fan should read.

23. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

This conversation reminded me that I recorded some of Laura reading from Tranny when she was on her book tour for it in 2016. I uploaded it but never got around to making it public so hopefully 4 years later it's ok to share.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  24. adamlikesdogs

@meaninglessritual

Nice, yeah I don't read a lot of music biographies either, but AM!'s one of my favorite bands so I've been meaning to read it at some point but haven't gotten around to it yet. Will try to pick up a used copy if I can find one in stores.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  25. Zach

Trusted Supporter

It is a very good book. I read it once or twice a year when I get on an AM kick

Gnarly Charlie and adamlikesdogs like this.