Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Against Me! Band • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

The amount of times she said Unreal makes me think that’s the title of something.

2. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Larry David and Gnarly Charlie like this.
  3. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Interesting. So does that mean we aren't getting a new AM! record?

4. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Iiiiiiiiiiinteresting.

5. Gnarly Charlie Jul 31, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 31, 2018)
    Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Shape Shift With Me isn't two years old, but I was definitely under the impression that AM was recording. I'm down for this though.

EDIT:

Laura replied to a tweet just a few minute ago and said an AM! record is also in the works.

6. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Osceola13 likes this.
  7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Suuuuuper interested in this

Andrew D likes this.
  8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Ugh so how many of these Chicago shows am I going to stay tuned to find out

MexicanGuitars and Osceola13 like this.
  9. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Jealous! I'm looking at flying to Indy for sure and maybe going to Lansing too.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  10. irthesteve

Maybe I missed it somehow, but did anyone else see that Andrew Seward is back in Against Me!? That's pretty crazy, and brings the band back to the three main band members for the majority of the time before TDS.

Andrew D likes this.
  11. irthesteve

ok nevermind, I scrolled up and saw it was discussed and I just missed it, haha

12. myawrld Jul 31, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 31, 2018)
    myawrld

Regular

Interested to hear how this sounds, I bet it will be a huge departure from Against Me since that's already a pseudo project as-is.

Edit: Also, she said in a previous post that she might have some news people aren't happy about. I bet they turned this new album in a solo venture and are cancelling the new Against Me record. That's just a prediction but I could see the songs not feeling like "Against Me" songs but still wanted to put them out in some capacity.

13. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

irthesteve likes this.
  14. myawrld

Regular

I like this answer - I figured with the lineup changes there'd be some shakeup. I bet they scrapped the album and are bringing Andrew into the writing - which I'm excited to hear because I loved the albums he was on, loved TDB but was eh on SSWM. So - I'm excited to hear what they come up with as a group collective now that LJG has had a book, a concept album related to her transition, a third "for-fun" album and now a solo album to express herself and her personal journey.

15. Art Mackenzie

I saw them for the first time on Saturday, and they absolutely killed! Maybe the best outdoor/festival set I've ever seen.

16. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Just finished Laura's book. Read the whole thing in an afternoon, great fucking read.

17. Andrew D

Hit the bank and withdraw Prestigious

Hell yeah all around to this. Searching is my fav, but TDB brought me back after New Wave* in a way I wasn't expecting.

*I still liked New Wave a lot

EDIT: lol I'm dumb, White Crosses was the one before TDB. Anyway I still liked White Crosses a lot too

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  18. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

New song! New song! New song!

19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Oh damn. 15 minutes before my lunch. Gonna leave the office and blast this in my car...

20. Osceola13 Aug 29, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 29, 2018)
    Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Laura's RTing a few different press pieces today so I dont wanna link to all of them and clog this page but thought this one from Rolling Stone was really insightful in how she almost ended Against Me! last year and her reasoning behind coming out with this new album with a different band.

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  21. Zach

Trusted Supporter

I dig it

22. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

solid track, project will have a more folksy/garagey vibe I take it

23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Am i late to this? Did axl rose get remastered? Apple music is recommending a new release from AM! and its axl rose but it has a 2018 release date on it

24. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

wonder if its has anything to do with no idea basically folding. does it sound any better ?

25. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Anybody else going to these shows tonight and tomorrow in Denver? To say I'm excited for them would be a massive understatement.

jordalsh and welcometobangkok like this.