Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Against Me! Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Woo! I am curious if this is really a super special secret project or whatever she called it or if it's just an Against Me! album but I'm stoked either way.

Zac Djamoos and jordalsh like this.
  2. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

I asked her if it was for the solo album I'd been hoping for since Heart Burns and she liked my tweet so that feels like all the confirmation we need. Everyone agree?

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  3. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

HOLY SHIT SEE Y'ALL IN DENVER

RedDotRecording and SamLevi11 like this.
  4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

You lucky bastards

5. Osceola13 Jun 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 21, 2018)
    Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Oh shit it's Andrew. Guess this might answer why Inge wasn't on the latest promo for South America.

6. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Reallllly want to drive to Cleveland tomorrow.

7. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Saw them play a teeny tiny secret house show in Detroit tonight and it was MAGICAL.

8. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Listened to SFAFC in full last night on a whim for the first time in a long time and I think it’s officially my fav AM! overall, although the songs on TDB that I really click with are some of the most important songs to me ever.

SamLevi11 and jordalsh like this.
  9. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

The lyrics to the title track leave me with chills every single time.

jordalsh and nohandstoholdonto like this.
  10. i looooove some tracks but the full thing tends to lose me

11. nohandstoholdonto

There’s like maybe 2 tracks that start to lose me but otherwise it’s all solid af. It feels like the darkest AM! album too, which appeals to me.

12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

absolutely my favourite. Miami, Unprotected Sex, Joy, Pretty Girls, Don’t Lose Touch and the title track are all amongst my favourites by the band.

13. Fox83

Trusted

White Crosses was the first time I listened to an entire Against Me album and I absolutely loved it. I went back and listened to their discography after that. White Crosses is easily my favorite of theirs. I remember the reactions to the album at the time being lukewarm at best, which surprised me. I figured, as a newer listener, I just didn't get it or something. Either way, it's such a consistent, catchy, and tightly produced album from beginning to end. I'll always hold that album in high regard.

Lee Thomas and Zac Djamoos like this.
  14. nohandstoholdonto

On my last listen, Violence really stood out to me.

15. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

SamLevi11 likes this.
  16. nohandstoholdonto

“this is probably not the last time this year I’m going to hve to ask that people be understanding of a choice I made”

:chin:

SamLevi11 and amorningofsleep like this.
  17. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Where did you see that? Can’t find anything on her Twitter

18. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

just the insta the post above

Also I assumed the recording is of an AM! Record but I guess I could be wrong ?

Zach likes this.
  19. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Oh my bad! The picture hasn’t loaded cause of my connection haha

20. invaderphantom

I feel bad for Inge. It must really suck for him. He gave his all into the band, moved halfway around the world and at the end he is out of the band because the older guy wants back in. I hope he finds a kickass new band soon that tours heavily. It seems the only reason Andrew replaced Inge is because Laura likes him more in the band.

I really wonder what the other announcement might be - I hope not another line-up change, I couldn't stomach Atom or James leaving the band.

21. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Yea. Felt similar with Taking Back Sunday a few years ago.

22. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Gimme that sweet new album and/or tour news please

amorningofsleep and Zach like this.
  23. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Hoping for a good return to form after the last LP, which was still good but not Against Me levels of good.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yeah, while Shape Shift wasn't bad exactly... coming after the powerhouse that was TDB, I was a bit let down

Gnarly Charlie likes this.
  25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Definitely seems like more than a normal tour. Either opening up for someone huge on tour or it's the album announcement.

Shape Shift was good, but not the best. However, Dead Rats is a massive jam.

Andrew D and Gnarly Charlie like this.