Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Against Me! Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I know White Crosses got a lot of shit when it came out, but damn has that album aged well. I think it's their most consistent release front to back. I'm still digging Shape Shift With Me too.

Fox83, Aregala, unbornwhiskey and 5 others like this.
  2. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

I've noticed it seems like everyone hates the most current Against Me! album til a new one is released and I've never understood why. I became a fan right after Searching came out and remember people hating it til New Wave came out then they hated that til White Crosses and you get the picture.

3. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, White Crosses is Damn good!

4. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

WHAT GODDDDDDDDD
    DOESN'T GIVE TO YOU
    YOU'VE GOT TO GO AND GET FOR YOURSELFFF

5. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

That six month break between shows was brutal but loved seeing them in Bellingham the other night, they're so damn good live.

6. invaderphantom

[​IMG]

Inge doesn't appear in the promotional pictures for the upcoming tour. It seems like they will get a new bass player.

Super disappointing, I absolutely adore Inge and he brought much to the band, especially when it came to live shows. I know Against Me! is a band that went through a shitload of line-up changes, but I felt like the line-up with Inge and Atom could be permanent, solidifying a true line-up for the post-TDB era.

I'm also wondering why he's leaving. I can't believe it could be bad blood (which had been an unfortunate characteristic for leaving the band since its inception) - Inge had great chemistry with the band and he's just the nicest guy ever. Anyone who met him can agree with that.

7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Maybe he just can't fit the band in anymore? I'd hope it was all in good faith until we hear otherwise.

8. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Didn't he have back surgery last year? I could've sworn he had something major done between tours and posted about it.

I'll be honest I didn't even notice he wasnt on the promo til my friend asked me last night if I'd heard anything. I think they all still follow each other on social media so it shouldn't get ugly like when Weinberg bailed.

9. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

He was still playing with them two weeks ago.

10. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

this post is correct!

11. abw123

Trusted

White Crosses is my favorite overall, and it's not super close.

12. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

I'd go as far to say White Crosses is one of the best albums this scene has ever produced

13. yesssssss white crosses is so good and bamboo bones is one of my favorite songs ever

14. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Bamboo bones and Spanish moss kill me

15. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

High Pressure Low though.

unbornwhiskey likes this.
  16. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I feel vindicated finally hearing all the love for WC. I’ve been a staunch defender to that album since it’s release, hallelujah praise LJG!

“Rapid Decompression” will forever be the jamsiest jam of all jams to air drum to.

unbornwhiskey likes this.
  17. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

We're Breaking Up is damn good

Aregala and unbornwhiskey like this.
  18. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

There really isn’t a bad song on the whole thing, and the black crosses bonus tracks are pretty good too

Aregala and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  19. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

good reminder to try again with that White Crosses album soon

Aregala and Zac Djamoos like this.
  20. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Moved to South Florida last year and had White Crosses on in the car throughout the drive down.

21. invaderphantom

I can remember the bad rep White Crosses got when it as released and I thought everybody went insane. From day one I felt like White Crosses is one of the band's best albums and is perfect from front-to-back. Because of the Shame. Bamboo fucking Bones. I'm really glad they put the latter back into the set, I cried when they played it live.

I always felt weird loving this album so much because of everyone disliking it upon its release. I'm glad people came around. It's definitely their most polished record, but the songwriting is perfect and it sounds so goddamn good. I think it's one of the best *sounding* records ever released in this scene.

smoke4thecaper likes this.
  22. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Because of the Shame is an absolute world beater. Top 10 songs from them easily, and the acoustic version on YouTube is amazing and possibly even better.

Loved finding out exactly what it was about in Laura's book.

jordalsh and JRGComedy like this.
  23. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Laura posted she was going in the studio for a "super special secret project" and I can't help but get my hopes up for another solo record. Recently I've been watching videos from her solo acoustic tours including this one over and over.

24. abw123

Trusted

Could not agree more.

RedDotRecording likes this.
  25. yeah this is my second favorite song on the album I think.