Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Against Me! Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Glad to see some Because of the Shame love. That song is amazing, and the book details what it is about.

2. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Transgender Dysphoria Blues
    Paralytic States
    True Trans Soul Rebel
    Crash
    Up The Cuts
    Borne On The FM Waves of the Heart
    Black Me Out
    Miami
    The Disco Before The Breakdown
    Thrash Unreal

Idk honestly, I still don't feel I've listened to anything but TDB and NW enough to really have a concrete top 10.

also tbh I still really wish she hadn't named her book that lol.

jordalsh and JRGComedy like this.
  3. Oh shit I forgot about two coffins

muttley and JRGComedy like this.
  4. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

But you remembered and that's all that matters

jordalsh likes this.
  5. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Black Me Out
    Fuckmylife666
    White Crosses
    Don't Lose Touch
    The Ocean
    Piss and Vinegar
    Because of the Shame
    True Trans Soul Rebel
    Provision L-3
    Searching For a Former Calamity

JRGComedy likes this.
  6. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Sink, Florida, Sink
    Bamboo Bones
    Borne on the FM Waves of the Heart
    Gypsy Panther
    Boyfriend
    Black Me Out
    The Ocean
    Cliche Guevara
    Occult Enemies
    Walking Is Still Honest

JRGComedy likes this.
  7. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

I still haven't listened to Shape Shift for whatever reason. I need to change that. TBD and New Wave are two of my favorite albums.

JRGComedy likes this.
  8. wakaflockajamez

die die die, cry cry cry

Seeing them tonight for a one off headline show in Memphis :)

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

10. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I'm halfway through Laura's book. It's pretty incredible. Although, she really was an asshole when she was younger...at least she admits it (peeing in people's drinks? Not cool, man)

JRGComedy and amorningofsleep like this.
  11. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I read it all yesterday. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

12. devenstonow

Noobie

Started LJG's book yesterday. Read the first three chapters and the epilogue/ending (I did this with Travis Barker and NOFX's books because I assume I already know the endings/wanted to see what periods they go up to). Particularly for this, I wanted to know what she said about the Jay Weinberg situation (pretty much the exact same things they've all said in interviews). Epilogue is so goddamn sad. First three chapters were all super intense.

(first three chapters spoilers and I guess a small epilogue spoiler)
    The sympathetic tone she takes towards her dad in the beginning was super unexpected/thought-provoking. The stuff about how he's the way he is because he had a shitty time in the military (such as having to basically beg to go to war only to be told no repeatedly) and him journaling after getting divorced. Also that super weird message he sent her after the Rolling Stone article that makes no sense[/spoliler]

On a huge AM kick today now.

13. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Bumping because I decided to instead binge on some AM! today. This band remains perpetually underrated by our music world. 7 stellar albums, some solid EPs and great b-sides, plus a killer live album. Laura is such a powerful lyricist and vocalist. Very much enjoying my time with their catalog. Even those first couple releases are pretty fantastic even if theyre rough and raw.

Osceola13 likes this.
  14. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Someone posted this on the Reddit against me forum, hope it works for ya.

Stabitha - Google Drive

15. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

i cant get them to work its like iTunes doesnt recognize them as mp3s or something

16. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

So bummed I missed this show. Definitely a different vibe from the last time I saw them play a house show but still looks like it was a good time.

17. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

JRGComedy and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Seeing these tonight at Slam Dunk and holy fuck am I excited. This band ALWAYS kill it.

19. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Have fun, SD in Birmingham was so fun & AM were the definite highlight for the me. Even the new songs were great and I was lukewarm on that album.

20. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah they were absolutely fantastic, and I got a pick from Laura. Made me revisit the new album and I think other than the opener and the final two, I think it's a great album now.

ugman_2000 likes this.
  21. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I revisited it too, I kinda wrote the album off but I think I was too harsh. I now think the 12:03 and the middle run of tracks from 333 through to Rebecca are pretty awesome but the rest I can live without. Just remember back now Rebecca was so good live on Saturday.

22. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I adore the entire album, even the weirder songs like Provision and Suicide Bomber. But 12:03 is probably one of my all time fave AM! songs now.

JimmyIymmiJ and SamLevi11 like this.
  23. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I just came across this article/interview from a few weeks ago and didn't see it posted anywhere:

Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace on the Music of Her Life | Pitchfork

One of the standout quotes:
    Also glad to read that she seems to be in a good place.

24. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

How's their live show? They're playing a free outdoor show tonight downtown and I'm thinking of checking it out, but I haven't really ever listened to them.

25. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Do it! Their shows are the most chaotic non-stop fun and they know how to put on a great live show.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.