Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Against Me! Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Been listening to New Wave and TDB a lot this last week.

wakaflockajamez likes this.
  2. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Last night was amazing. They sounded great and played like 4 or 5 new songs. Also I got to meet Laura and I'm still kind of in shock about it lol.

Zac Djamoos, jordalsh and muttley like this.
  3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Can't wait for new tunes this year and a big tour hopefully. Saw them last summer at a $5 show at the Stone Pony in Jersey, such a great time. No barricade, low stage, small venue is the best for this band. Laura came out and rocked the place for like 20 songs with just endless energy. I hadn't seen them live since before Laura's transition so it had been a while. One of my favorite live bands of all time.

4. Selkies

That guy looks familiar

So I've recently begun getting into this band. I've been going pretty hard with New Wave. Where should I go next?

5. I'd start from the beginning with Reinventing Axl Rose and move forward. that record is pretty different, rougher around the edges than New Wave, but awesome nonetheless. if you want something more like New Wave right away, skip to Searching For A Former Clarity or Transgender Dysphoria Blues

6. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Wonder if they're aiming to release the new album right around the time of the book. I'm incredibly stoked for both. One of my next most anticipated releases.

7. devenstonow

Noobie

Probably. Seems like they've been sitting on it a while now.

Can't listen now, but what direction do the new songs go in? I'd assume they'd be a fairly natural progression from TDB

8. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

So what's everyone's favourite Against Me! album?

I've been jamming Searching For A Former Clarity recently and that really has grown on me to the point that I think it's my favourite album of theirs now.

9. cherrywaves

Trusted

SFAFC or Transgender for me

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  10. I love Reinventing Axl Rose, New Wave, and Transgender Dysphoria Blues around the same amount for different reasons. I love this band. Actually, White Crosses is probably up there for me too now

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  11. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Well my top three are Transgender Dysphoria Blues, As The Eternal Cowboy, and White Crosses. In no particular order.

12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah White Cross and TDB are up there for me too.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  13. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

We're clooooose

14. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

Not close enough.

bd007h likes this.
  15. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Laura should really be the celebrity face of the transgender community instead of Caitlin Jenner.

amorningofsleep and irthesteve like this.
  16. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Saw them play Friday night in Webster Hall at the Governors Ball After Dark show and they played four new songs and one cover of The Clash's "Train in Vain. Loved the new songs, especially "Boyfriend". I recorded video of the new songs for my friend who couldn't make it but I want to make sure Laura's cool with me putting them on youtube before sharing them.

Top 5: Sink Florida Sink, The Ocean, Gypsy Panther, Amputations, Bamboo Bones

17. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I think TDB is my favorite album. Eternal Cowboy prob takes the 2 spot, WC at 3.

18. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

My top has to be Eternal Cowboy. Followed by RAR and NW.

19. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Posted the videos I took on youtube if anyone's interested. I've been obsessed with this song since someone posted a video of it a few weeks back but the sound wasn't great, so glad they played it Webster Hall and my video came out decent. This needs to be on the new album.

20. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Last night at The Rave in Milwaukee, they played 4 new songs. And they played "Joy" during the encore. It was on a smaller stage by a bar so it was more intimate

21. wakaflockajamez

die die die, cry cry cry

22. Paul Beaumont

First listen through on the new LP. All felt a bit safe. Hoping to get into it more with subsequent listens.

23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Saw these in Birmingham last night, and they were brilliant. The new songs sounded great live and the older songs still being in the set is good. Would have liked more from ISOAFC/New Wave though, the lack of Miami, White People for Peace and Thrash Unreal was the only gripe for me.

As always, the Transgender Dysphoria Blues songs were the highlight, I mean, they played seven songs from that album and each one sounded even better than before. I think they'll have to go some way to top that album in the future.

24. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Just finished reading Tranny and it was an excellent read. Favorite Against Me! songs?

Borne on the FM Waves
    Because of the Shame
    We're Breaking Up
    Bamboo Bones
    High Pressure Low
    Transgender Dysphoria Blues
    Osama Bin Laden
    Fuckmylife666
    Black Me Out
    Crash

25. Jordan's First Choice
    Bamboo Bones