Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Against Me! Band • Page 16

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

also their drummer was in that freak accident and is still recovering...

2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

James also moved to Jersey and has been on tour with MCR all year, Andrew I'm pretty sure also moved and has a job at a stadium somewhere. I don't really see them doing anything anytime soon. Maybe Fest or Riot Fest next year

3. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Laura Jane talked about the future of Against Me! in one of her patreon posts a few months ago and while she said plenty more than this I wouldn't feel right posting the entire thing so instead here's this:

"I wish this next tour was an Against Me! tour but it's not. I wish I could tell you that we are working on a new Against Me! album right now but we're not. I don't know when any of that's going to happen again but I know it will and the door isn't closed."

bradpetrik and adamlikesdogs like this.
  4. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

5. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Listened to this for the first time in a long while the other day. Truly incredible. Miss this band.

bradpetrik likes this.
  6. tomdelonge

Trusted

It’s a classic

7. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I also miss this band. Loved all of their albums even when people fell out of loving them with the major label records. Laura's solo stuff hasn't hit with me but I still support her. Just bought tickets for the upcoming tour.

Gnarly Charlie and abw123 like this.
  8. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Put on the album after reading the article. It's been way too long since I listened.

Gnarly Charlie likes this.
  9. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Definitely my fav AM! record. "Paralytic States" gets me every time.

smowashere and bradpetrik like this.
  10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

TDB and New Wave are tied for me

11. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

I’ve loved her solo stuff thus far. Not sure the new singles have really hit for me though.

12. abw123

Trusted

Solo stuff is not even close to AM! for me. Even lesser AM!

bradpetrik likes this.
  13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I absolutely adore Stay Alive. The EP was not quite as good, but Yesterday Pt II is sooo good. Really enjoying the new songs. Dysphoria Hoodie wasn't my favorite, but Hole In My Head is a blast, and Cuffing Season gives me a similar vibe to Stay Alive. The one out today is pretty good too. Devouring Mothers was a fun album, but I like what she's been doing recently more.

None of it is Against Me! and I still really really hope we get them back eventually, but for now, I'm enjoying the solo stuff.

bradpetrik likes this.