Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Against Me! Band • Page 12

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

wc is their best by a long shot imo. just an unbeatable record and it closes so powerfully

2. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

to me white crosses is them trying a lot of things that just dont fit the band or their sound. she was trying to right the great american rock record, under a ton of pressure, and about to transition. I think its towards my least favorite of their releases, but theyre overall such a consistent band that Im not surprised it has fans.

Plus it led to TDB, which imo is the great american rock record

3. Leftandleaving

I think white crosses is about as good a rock record as you can get tbh

4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Wow, lot of hot takes! Favorite is easily TDB, an absolute masterpiece. Axl Rose is second. I guess I should check out White Crosses again

5. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah it feels very polished, which I like. It’s also the reason I don’t like a lot of their other stuff, which sometimes borders on sounding like it was recorded with a potato.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  6. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Favorite AM song by a country mile. So catchy and the lyrics are beautiful and tragic.

7. I think Axl Rose and TDB would be my top also, but I have a special place in my heart for White Crosses and New Wave

Elder Lightning likes this.
  8. abw123

Trusted

White Crosses is my favorite for sure. Title track and Because of the Shame rule. Bonus tracks are great too - Bob Dylan Dream is an underrated gem

9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

WC is an essential rock album in my personal music collection.

10. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

TDB and SFAFC are my faves, the rest are pretty hit or miss for me.
    yep

11. The first time I saw them was on the White Crosses tour, and seeing "Bamboo Bones" at that show (I think it was first time they played it on that leg of the tour) is one of my favorite live music memories. An absolutely perfect song.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  12. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

New Wave and TDB are pretty neck and neck for me as top.

AWasteOfATime and irthesteve like this.
  13. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

WC was kind of just there when it came out. I didn't dislike it but I didn't love it either. Kind of just nothinged it at the time. I've recently gotten in it though and think it's better than I originally gave it credit for.

TDB is still the best AM! record though, stunning album.

14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I have a hard time picking between their albums because it just really depends on my mood. TDB is probably my favorite overall though, and then I'd say Eternal Cowboy and New Wave next, but lately I've been reaching for Axl a lot more, and White Crosses has some of my favorite songs of theirs (especially the title track)

15. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I'd put WC as my fifth favourite record of theirs, and it's still a solid 8 for me. They're just a hugely consistent band.

Gallhammer and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

kinda surprised how much talk there is of White Crosses being there best, and very little of New Wave. New Wave is easily their best in my eyes, White Crosses is basically a safer New Wave in my eyes. TDB is a close second after New Wave.

17. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Couldn't even begin to pick a favorite album especially since I listen to their songs on shuffle but damn do I miss seeing them play live.

ZooZooChaCha likes this.
  18. Leftandleaving

see I think wc is a refined new wave haha

amorningofsleep and Kyle Max like this.
  19. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

New Wave rules

20. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Their best is TDB. My favorite is eternal cowboy. WC > new wave.

Gnarly Charlie likes this.
  21. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

TDB is my fav, then probably White Crosses.

22. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I go back and forth between New Wave and TDB, I think TDB wins out just based on the concept for the record and its importance.

irthesteve likes this.
  23. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Eternal Cowboy and New Wave will always be my top one and two.

24. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

New Wave is just kinda boring. I still like it but it’s probably at the bottom for me.

25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

gasp

Elder Lightning and Anthony_ like this.