Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Against Me! Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Against Me! is an American punk rock band formed in Gainesville, Florida, United States, in 1997 by singer and guitarist Laura Jane Grace. Since 2002 the band's lineup has also included guitarist James Bowman. After releasing three studio albums through independent record labels, Against Me! moved to Sire Records for 2007's New Wave, which reached no. 57 on the Billboard 200. Their fifth album, 2010's White Crosses, was their most successful, reaching no. 34. In 2011 the band launched their own record label, Total Treble Music, through which they plan to release future albums. In 2012 Grace publicly came out as transgender, beginning a transition to living as a woman and dropping her birth name. The band finished recording their sixth studio album, Transgender Dysphoria Blues, during the summer of 2013, and released it on the twenty-first of January, 2014.

2. We're potentially supposed to get a new album this year, aren't we?

3. if they release a new album this year I'll pass out

4. PyramidPostcard

avocado squirrel rides again Prestigious

I'm so stoked for the next album and Laura's book.

5. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I really need to see them live. I've heard great things about their live show

PyramidPostcard likes this.
  6. Threads

Regular Prestigious

What are everyone's top 5 songs from the band? It's hard but if I really tried to narrow it down I'd say Paralytic States, Because of the Shame, Dead Friend, How Low, and Borne on the FM Waves of the Heart.

PyramidPostcard likes this.
  7. PyramidPostcard

It's incredible!

Meerkat likes this.
  8. PyramidPostcard

oh god I don't even know about my top 5 tracks. I'll have to think about it haha

9. Black Me Out, The Ocean, Sink Florida Sink, Jordan's First Choice, Bamboo Bones

Osceola13 likes this.
  10. Meerkat

Siiiiiiiigh. Did not know that was a frequent issue for her. I don't know why people think that kind of behavior is acceptable

11. Meerkat

Not the point obviously, but all I can think about now is Harry Styles at an Against Me! show.
    Anyways, I have no idea what my response would be to being in that type of scenario. I think people forget that while bands are on stage to entertain and make music, it's also their job. These people on stage are just trying to do their job. That job is a lot different than what a lot of people are used to. But people seem to have this idea that musicians, actors, anyone in the public eye really belongs to them

12. Against Me!ʼs Laura Jane Grace will be releasing her memoir, Tranny: Confessions of Punk Rock’s Most Infamous Anarchist Sellout, on November 15th. Pre-orders are already up at Amazon.

PyramidPostcard and Meerkat like this.
  13. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

ill need to pick that up

14. Definitely looking forward to Laura's book and a new album.

Top five AM! songs is tough, but I do know "Bamboo Bones" is my favorite.

15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Really amped on new music, TDB is my favorite album of theirs since New Wave

16. album is now in the mixing stage

17. Threads

Regular Prestigious

Probably my most anticipated release (at least for ones that are happening anytime soon) as of now along with Tegan and Sara.

I went back to New Wave the other day and liked it a lot more as a whole than I remembered. Animal and The Ocean are amazing songs.

Jason Tate and PyramidPostcard like this.
  18. Meerkat

So many pedals

19. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I want to chop those brass rings off your fat fucking fingers!

20. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Decided kind of last minute that I'm gonna go to their show in Columbia this Saturday. Incredibly excited, especially considering I haven't seen them before.

muttley and Threads like this.
  21. Paul Beaumont

A new Against Me! album on top of everything else in the pipeline is too much.

22. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I'm tempted to go to the Birmingham show tonight. I saw them right before Trans..... came out and the show was wonderful.

23. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I've been meaning to see them for a long time now, but they always seem to come near me at the worst times haha. Glad it finally worked out.

24. They were filming a video the other day I think

25. wakaflockajamez

die die die, cry cry cry

Can't wait for the new album. One of my favorite bands. If you haven't seen them play live then you need to ASAP. I have seen them around 10-15 times. Saw them at a hole in the wall venue called the Caravan in Memphis when they were in town recording As The Eternal Cowboy at Ardent and there were maybe 30 people there. Also the after show in Chicago for riot fest a few years ago was also one of the best AM shows I have been to.