Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Against Me! - Shape Shift With Me (September 16, 2016) Album • Page 13

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Contender, Jul 18, 2016.

1. the setlist on this tour is unbelievable. amazing show.

2. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Yeah, was really happy to see both openers last night. And the setlist was just crazy good.

3. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I love how on their facebook most of the comments are defending Searching For A Former Clarity. That album is sick and songs like Miami, Pretty Girls, Violence, Joy, and Don't Lose Touch are all incredible.

4. She is absolutely right that that album is waaaay too long haha. Definitely has some incred songs (title track!)

5. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

It’s definitely too long, but still think it’s my second favorite regardless. There are way more hits than misses on it for me, and honestly it blows my mind that she singled out “Even at Our Worst” bc it’s always been one of my favs.

6. I also...like "Animal" a lot lol

cubsml34 likes this.
  7. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

They added a cover of Tom Petty's Runnin' Down A Dream to their set list and I recorded it for a friend who couldn't make the show, figured it wouldn't hurt to share.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Jim Carroll Band cover

9. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

is this still a band

10. abw123

Trusted

I have the same question.

11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

wikipedia says:

"In August 2022, Laura confirmed on her Patreon that Against Me! were currently in a hiatus and unsure of when they'd play together again."

SteveLikesMusic and abw123 like this.
  12. radiodead

Trusted

I’ve been also wondering this, and it makes me sad.

13. adamlikesdogs

@meaninglessritual

I recently finished Tranny and then went on a massive AM! kick. Really hope they return one day--they're so incredible. Apparently they were planning to record an album before COVID but then that got indefinitely delayed? Not sure how accurate that is, but it gives me hope that there's a future for them.

333 GANG likes this.
  14. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Not sure I'd use "Tranny" as short-hand for Transgender Dysphoria Blues.

15. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Tranny is the title of LJG autobiography.

16. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Oh lmao, fair enough!

17. andi182

Regular

Are these guys done making music now? 20 years since Cowboy! Jeez.

I really miss them. I saw them live just before they stopped with Atom on drums and they were so good.