Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Against Me! Finish New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Against Me!’s new album is done. Laura Jane Grace announced on Twitter: “Record is mastered. Decided on a sequence and cover art. You know what? Even got a record label too! What’s fucked up is that for now I’m not telling you anything more about it.”

Record is mastered. Decided on a sequence and cover art. You know what? Even got a record label too! What’s fucked up is that for now I’m not telling you anything more about it.

— Laura Jane Grace (@LauraJaneGrace) July 15, 2018

2. Butinsmallsteps

Regular

I am DAMN excited for this album

3. thatwasamoment

Since '06

excited emoji!

4. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Oh hell yes

Aaron Mook likes this.
  5. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Did Andrew play on it or re-join after it was recorded?

6. J.Dick

Regular

7. Buscemi knows best

You owe me a Sausage McMuffin

HYPE LEVEL 9000

8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Looking forward to this. Shape Shift With Me was awesome. I hope they went weirder with this new album.

9. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I prefer their more polished recordings aka White Crosses but always excited to see what they have in store.

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

hyped for this even though I borderline hated SSWM

11. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

It's an odd duck in their catalog, and not my favorite, but it has some choice cuts. On paper, I would hate "Norse Truth," but I'm consistently engaged every time I listen to it. To be fair, I love the band but I don't think any of their albums are without their share of clunkers, even going back to the "classic" records.

12. J.Dick

Regular

Since New Wave every other record is very good or great.

New Wave: Great
    White Crosses: Not very good.
    TDB: Amazing
    SSWM: pretty sucky

By this logic this one should be very good!

13. somethingwitty

Trusted

Have a feeling this is going to an upbeat record, Laura seems to be in a really good place right now

14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  15. helloiamzach

Regular

Laura Jane Grace has since said that it's not finished:

16. Shape Shift With Me is SO underappreciated. Such a strange, killer record. I'm sure this will be great as well.

17. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Am I the only one who LOVES White Crosses? It's a punk band deciding to play stadium songs on their own terms and just fucking KILLING it. It's great from top to bottom.

If any other band besides them had written that record, or if they'd gotten a push behind it, they'd be monsters by now.

Gallhammer and JRGComedy like this.
  18. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I also love White Crosses. More than New Wave, in fact.

Gallhammer likes this.
  19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i too, love White Crosses.

Gallhammer likes this.
  20. Gallhammer

Angry Lesbian / Music Lover

Hopping on the White Crosses train. Love that album. Then again, I love most of what Against Me! has released. TDB is their top album for me, though. I love how passionate and raw it is. The lyrics are just so very personal, direct, and well written.

21. J.Dick

Regular

Unfortunately it’s just kind of boring. George is a great drummer but so restrained on White Crosses. I loved New Wave but White Crosses not so much.