Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Against Me! Announce Full Record Shows

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 13, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Against Me! have announced a new tour where they’ll play two nights in a row and perform four of their albums in full.

The band will play Searching For A Former Clarity, New Wave, White Crosses, and Transgender Dysphoria Blues; the first two albums on night one and the other two on the second night.

2 Nights / 4 Records / 48 Songs

Night 1 – Searching For A Former Clarity & New Wave

Night 2 – White Crosses & Transgender Dysphoria Blues @againstme @cursivetheband @dillydallyto @chuckragan @crustcrustwell @t0yguitar

On SaleFriday, May 17 @ 10am local pic.twitter.com/Ijzuuc6UhK

— Laura Jane Grace (@LauraJaneGrace) May 13, 2019
    10/12 — Los Angeles, CA @ The Fonda Theatre
    10/13 — Los Angeles, CA @ The Fonda Theatre
    10/15 — Toronto, ON @ Danforth Music Hall
    10/16 — Toronto, ON @ Danforth Music Hall
    10/18 — Sayreville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom
    10/19 — Sayreville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom
    10/22 — Boston, MA @ Royale
    10/23 — Boston, MA @ Royale
    10/24 — Baltimore, MD @ Rams Head Live
    10/25 — Baltimore, MD @ Rams Head Live
    11/01 — Gainesville, FL @ The Fest
    11/02 — Gainesville, FL @ The Fest
    11/03 — Gainesville, FL @ The Fest

2. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Damn was hoping for at least one location in the southeast

Edit: nvm the tweet graphic didn’t have Gainesville

3. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Night 2 has my favorite 2 albums from them. I'm really bummed it's not coming within 5 hours of me.

BradBradley likes this.
  4. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Might try to grab tix to both LA shows. Since I was unable to see Trio’s Past Lives shows years back, this would make up for it. Love each of these albums very much.

5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Oh damn. I’d love to see White Crosses live!

6. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

White Crosses and TDB are perfect albums, I’m holding out hope that a PNW run gets added at some point

Turkeylegz likes this.
  7. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I also love White Crosses but I figured since most AM fans were so butthurt about that album being "mainstream sounding" that there would be a significant lack of interest in seeing that live. Glad they're playing it.

8. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Would 1000% rather go to night 2

fredwordsmith and BradBradley like this.
  9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

AND Dilly Dally!?!!?

what's that third Gainesville date?

10. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Jesus, what I would give for a night #2 date in Minneapolis. White Crosses is awesome.

So is TDB, but most people acknowledge that.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  11. terps12

Regular

This is a poor take and I hate seeing it -- not just for Against Me but for all bands. Reducing fans who don't like a bands newer material to the "OMGZ SELLOUTS" stereotype is just lazy.

I think White Crosses and New Wave are Against Me's worst albums in that they're boring and lack the energy/passion/fun of the Crime!/Reinventing/Eternal era and also lack the substance of TDB/SSWM.

12. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

To each their own but a lot of the songs on their major releases are super powerful. New Wave's first half totally destroys and White Crosses has one of the most passionate songs the band has ever done (Because Of The Same). I get that people initially get into punk because they DON'T like slickly produced rock but I still think there is some excellent songwriting on both those records.

13. terps12

Regular

That's fine -- it's all opinions at the end of the day. I just hate the generalization people make about fans who dislike particular albums. For what it's worth, I like the bonus tracks on New Wave significantly better than anything on the album, so I think the issue with that was more with respect to the track selection. White Crosses does nothing at all for me.