Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

After Sandy Hook We Said Never Again. And Then We Let 1,552 Mass Shootings Happen.

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Vox:

In December 2012, a gunman walked into Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, and killed 20 children, six adults, and himself. Since then, there have been at least 1,552 mass shootings, with at least 1,767 people killed and 6,227 wounded.

2. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

I’ve been saying to myself for the past five years that there’s nothing that will get done about this while disgusting people hold all the influence over Washington. The day Sandy Hook happened, I mentally and emotionally shut down and had to sleep for the rest of that afternoon because I couldn’t believe we had reached that level of horror. The worst was yet to come in the aftermath when absolutely nothing happened to prevent it from occurring again.

DejaMoi and Turkeylegz like this.
  3. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Not to mention shitty people like alex jones claiming it never happened for the sake of getting ratings... fucking makes me want to throw up on myself and then eat it just so i dont have to think about how shitty that guy is. Also, what a depressing statistic. Wtf