Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

AFI - The Blood Tour Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Dec 3, 2016.

1. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

If you don't like shoegaze, you're not going to like the music that Nothing plays. It's as simple as that. They're a great band on tape, but they're terrible live.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

going tonight cuz why not

Joe4th likes this.
  3. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Haha I mean, I don't have the final say on what bands are good but they are definitely a band that more than likely won't win you over with their live show. It's like Balance and Composure. Most of the people that are into them will think their live show is great but someone hearing them for the first time might be bored.

4. 207music

Regular

If you get a chance to see AFI even if not a huge fan I would recommend. The Boston show was great on Saturday.

As others have mentioned, the stage presence Davey has at his age is amazing. Amazing set and I walked away a fan of the much older material I never really fave a listen.

As for the openers...Nothing had 1 decent song but no one gave them love.

5. flask

Trusted Supporter

I say this as a huge fan of Nothing: they kinda suck live.

Chuck! and swboyd like this.
  6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

They're getting fucking crazy with the setlists. They played Hearts Frozen Solid Thawed Once More By the Spring of Rage, Despair, and Hopelessness tonight and I don't even know what the fuck that is. Also Paper Airplanes for the first time

My show is tomorrow!

7. Grato

Regular

Definitely. Saw them half from the photo pit for work and half from the crowd. In the pit I couldn't make out a single note. Was pretty much just noise. Props to the sound man and engineers who make them sound good cause damn those records are incredible.

8. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Show was fucking incredible. This was the third time I saw them (second as a headliner) and it was probably the best time. Setlist was awesome (though surprisingly no Love Like Winter), and they played Of Greetings and Goodbyes for the first time ever. They're in Baltimore tomorrow night which is even closer than this show, I honestly would have went to that too if I could make it.

Wasn't crazy about the openers at all though. Souvenir was okay but nothing special, and I didn't really like Nothing at all. Their sound mixing wasn't good at all (though it might have been intentional) and they played for way too long for how similar most of their songs sounded. That's actually 2/2 for AFI shows where I didn't like the openers, I didn't like Coming and Touche Amore on the last tour either

10. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I was looking at setlist.fm and holy crap are those set lists legit? Haha it's different every show...even the ordering.

They played roadkill on RT 37!?@?!? In Toronto. Haha crazy

11. atlas

Trusted

Yeah the sets have been crazy. Something new every night. When I saw them a week ago they played Miss Murder first. Tonight, last. I wish more of my favorite bands would do this haha

ramomcferno likes this.
  12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I have to agree on Nothing. Great band on record but I think they are especially dull live.

Touche Amore though are astonishing.

13. celluloid dreams

Regular

They are killing it so hard with the setlists on this tour that it's almost surreal. Different surprises and different sequencing every night.

14. kidinthebushes

Trusted

These exclusive lithographs will be available Friday and Saturday at The Wiltern in LA. Get one before they are gone. Quantity is limited. #thebloodtour

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'll be in Cleveland

17. TMS2787

Trusted

6/20, see ya there.

18. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Probably doing both Pittsburgh and Cleveland.

19. btr

Trusted Supporter

6/21 might be Buffalo, NY at Town Ballroom even though it's not listed on the poster. The venue tweeted this morning announcing the show and then deleted it a couple hours later. Not sure if it's happening or not, but it technically was announced

20. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

On the fence for this. AFI is such a good live band so I want to go, but I just don't know that they will play many songs I want to hear. We'll see.

21. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

STILL no Michigan date? Yeesh.

Joe4th and Cgarnsay like this.
  22. TMS2787

Trusted

I can't believe how much the setlists are changing night to night on this first leg. I have only seen AFI live once at Riot Fest and I don't really follow their setlists. Is this a common thing or something they are doing different on this tour?

23. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Not sure if it's the same for every date but the Hartford date has listed Nothing and Souvenirs as the openers

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah that will be the support

25. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Nothing and Souvenirs will be joining us once again, on the second leg of #thebloodtour. Tickets on sale this Friday. Full list of dates and more information available here: https://goo.gl/5xzoNA