Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

AFI / Circa Survive / Citizen Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 17, 2017.

1. TMS2787

Trusted

Nesting Dolls seemed like an odd choice to close the set.

2. TMS2787 Jul 14, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 14, 2017)
    TMS2787

Trusted

This Celluloid Dream
    Girl's Not Grey
    So Beneath You
    Beautiful Thieves
    Bleed Black
    Ever and a Day
    Aurelia
    The Despair Factor
    On the Arrow
    Of Greetings and Goodbyes
    Silver and Cold
    I Hope You Suffer
    The Days of the Phoenix
    Snow Cats
    Miss Murder
    ---
    This Time Imperfect
    Paper Airplanes

10:03 PM-11:13 PM

ryanfears likes this.
  3. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Holy shit that Circa set.

4. TMS2787

Trusted

So, last night:

Citizen was good, the two new songs sound good. Mat screamed at the end of 'Jet' which was a hange.

Circa Survive was really good but I thought some of the song choices where interesting given the type of tour this is. Anthony was his usual wild and weird self. They will be playing second each night.

AFI was also really good. They had the full stage set-up and lighting.

The show wasn't very well attended and I'd guess it was less than 50% full. But I am glad I went.

5. TMS2787

Trusted

Citizen: 7:30 PM-8:00 PM
    Circa Survive: 8:30 PM-9:30 PM
    AFI: 10:03 PM-11:13 PM

6. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

They don't usually play Fever Dreams do they??

7. sirata107

If anyone here is thinking about going to the show at Saltair in SLC I have a ticket I can't use because I have to go to Michigan for work that weekend. Selling it at face value or a little lower.

Driving to Portland to see them there instead! And Taking Back Sunday is playing the day before so I get a twofer. Take that, work. Anyone been to the Edgefield Amphitheater there?

8. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

9. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

10. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I went Saturday and had fun. I left halfway through Circa to see American Football down the street, but Citizen was awesome as always. Circa sounded off, but Anthony was energetic.

11. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I thought they sounded amazing

12. celluloid dreams

Regular

Gotta love a co-headline where both bands are great, full of energy and switch up the set every night. Almost every AFI setlist has at least one song that totally blindsides me. I hope Circa playing I'll Find a Way at their acoustic VIP sets means it might return to the main set at some point.

13. midnightxtaylor

Regular

This tour got downsized for the Oregon date.... from 5,000 cap Edgefield to 1,500 cap Roseland. Yikes. People are losing their shit in the FB comments too and demanding refunds. Umm I'm going for the bands, not the venue?

14. Transient_Hymn

I think touring with AFI was a big mistake.
    They don't have nearly the pull they used to

I see this as the exact opposite of the Thrice tour that just happened.
    All the other bands on the bill most likely were a bigger draw and therefore helped expand their audience.

15. TMS2787

Trusted

I really don't think Circa is that big a draw themselves either. At least in my Circa show history they've always pulled in smaller room really well (Grog Shop, The Agora Ballroom, Musica) but when they get to mid-sized venues (House of Blues, The Agora Theater, Express Live) the crowds have been pretty thin.

16. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Circa Survive played the Roseland Theater in February and it sold out. AFI has also played the Roseland and consistently sold it out. But I don't think you can just add those together and expect them all to drive an hour out to Troutdale.

17. Transient_Hymn

Yeah I guess I usually see them at the Warfield in SF. I think that caps at 2500. And they sell it out.

1k seems real tiny

18. TMS2787

Trusted

1K does seem really small. I saw them at a 2,200 cap (Agora Theater) on the OLG tour this winter and it was about half full. Cleveland is always really strange and I've realized notnto judge bands real popularity off of turn outs here. But I do know that AFI didn't sell out the House of Blues here either.

19. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I'm excited about the venue change and hope this doesn't sell out. I couldn't go before due to the early start time since I work until 7, but now could easily make the 9 PM show, which seems really late. Edgefield is 100000 times better venue than the Roseland though so I can see why people are upset. The venue offers a completely different experience.

20. Good Mourning

Whatever happened to that dude?

21. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

He was problematic and tried instigating stupid shit so he got booted.

cwhit likes this.
  22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

The last Circa show actually did very well sales wise!

23. TMS2787

Trusted

At The Agora?

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

25. TMS2787

Trusted

Oh weird. I was in the balcony for mwoY and the lower arena wasn't even full and I was easily able to get in the pit with a ton of room to move. I didn't think it did well based off those two things and walking around but I guess I'm wrong! I'm glad to be wrong, I hate when shows don't do well here, lol.