Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

AFI Announce Tour With Rise Against • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 26, 2018.

1. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

1. You did start a charade and told him he's wrong.

2. The fact that it's a new concept to you doesn't mean it's not important or relevant.

3. Why are you here?

tyramail likes this.
  2. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Pointing out an obvious problem (that both bands are, ironically, actively engaged in resolving) isn't "making drama where there is none."

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

If the issue is representation, how is it losing sight to bring up that the tour is full of white men? If artists are dedicated to bringing more attention to representation and activism, it makes sense that they would seek out and give exposure to artists from marginalized groups on their tour. Its an opportunity to bring light to these artists and they're choosing not to. It's worth pointing out so that hopefully on the next tour it's something they think about.

CoffeeEyes17, Jason Tate and tyramail like this.
  4. chong138

I bought pre sale tickets today. Live Nation said that everyone that buys tickets gets a copy of Rise Against's new album, "The Ghost Note Symphonies, Vol 1". Anyone heard what that is? Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

5. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Ugh, you people are impossible. By the way, where was this conversation when everyone's beloved Blink 182 toured in 2016 with A Day To Remember and All-American Rejects?

6. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Starting a sentence with “ugh, you people...” probably isn’t your best move. And those bands absolutely should be having more representation in their tour packages, I think it’s more frequently called out for bands like Rise Against and AFI who are all bands who are known activists, but people call out pop punk tours all the time. For someone telling people not to start drama where there is none, you’re sure the pot calling the kettle black.

CoffeeEyes17 and SuNDaYSTaR like this.
  7. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

What's up with people resorting to (poorly executed) whataboutism when they clearly don't understand the issue at hand?

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  8. Phil507

You're right, I keep forgetting we're living in the age of extreme sensitivity. Anyways, to join in, let's agree that ALL bands (regardless of level of activism) should make an effort to tour with a more diverse range of acts

9. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

If you want to continue to be ignorant about issues you clearly don’t understand, that’s fine, but I don’t think you need to generalize a mass amount of people as too sensitive just because you can’t wrap your head around it.

10. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

It's like "you people" aren't even trying anymore.

tyramail likes this.
  11. Why are you guys not talking about 2016 tour packages in 2018 guys geez.

12. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Ugh. I hate when this site plays reruns.

I mean, I liked “Idiots who spout nonsense get dunked on” when it first aired, but I’m just craving new content these days. Maybe during sweeps.

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

In Nashville, last year, AFI played a venue almost 3 times the size with circa survive. Both bands must have fallen off a little

14. Phil507

I'm "generalizing" about 2-3 people who felt the need to make a mostly irrelevant point complaining that 3 bands who chose to tour together this summer happen to all be white males. I do agree that the touring packages do need more representation but, of all the people to point fingers at, these three definitely don't feel deserving.

15. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Yeah. We should applaud people for talking about wanting diversity. It seems rude (and definitely irrelevant) to point out that their actions aren’t matching their words.

Words are all that matter. Words are what is going to get minority representation on tours happening faster. What are actions going to do? “Oh, you are bringing out a band with some POC to get huge exposure?” Psh. Like that ever accomplished anything.

But giving an interview with AP about how representation matters and should be reflected on tours? That’s gonna change some minds and hearts for sure.

What’s that famous saying? “Words are spoken, and therefore they are louder than actions.”

16. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

You’re then implying only 2-3 people care about this issue, which further implies you really don’t get it. If you agree with this point, why are you creating drama where there is none?

17. Phil507

The 2-3 (whatever, lost count) in this specific thread. You know what I meant. I'm more than aware that people care about this issue, as they should. My post was about the idea that it seemed particularly irrelevant and nitpicky to bring up for this specific group of bands.

Anyways, I'm going to do something rare and politely bow out of this argument. I think it's a worthy thought and I can understand how those who are pushing for more diversity and representation on package tours might be frustrated when more forward thinking groups don't engage. Hope everyone who's a fan of these three bands get to see this show and enjoy themselves.

18. chong138

Have you heard anything about, "The Ghost Note Symphonies, Vol 1" from Rise Against? I mentioned it in a post above but it got lost in the rubble.

19. Digital album from RA that comes with tickets.
    Get a digital copy of The Ghost Note Symphonies, Vol 1 with every pair of online tickets

Every pair of online tickets comes with one (1) digital album of Rise Against’s The Ghost Note Symphonies, Vol 1. You will receive an email with additional instructions on how to redeem your download. US/Canadian residents only. One (1) download per pair of online tickets.

20. chong138

I meant, what type of album is it? Like a new EP, a collection of older already released songs? Any idea?

21. That I don't know.

22. chong138

I'm guessing it's a greatest hits album, but I'm hoping for new music.

23. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I just saw a comment I agreed with and thought made a valid point and now I'm "you people." The people of awesome I hope!!

CarpetElf and CoffeeEyes17 like this.