Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

AFI Announce Tour With Rise Against

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

AFI have announced a summer tour with Rise Against. Tickets go on sale on March 30th.

July 28th, Toronto, ON @ RBC Echo Beach
    July 29th, Portland, ME @ State Theatre
    July 31st, Worcester, MA @ The Palladium
    August 1st, New York, NY @ Ford Amphitheater at Coney Island Boardwalk
    August 3rd, Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena
    August 4th, Philadelphia, PA @ Festival Pier at Penn’s Landing
    August 5th, Asbury Park, NJ @ The Stone Pony Summer Stage
    August 7th, Raleigh, NC @ Red Hat Amphitheater
    August 9th, Niagara Falls, NY @ The Rapids Theatre
    September 6th, Minneapolis, MN @ The Armory
    September 9th, Nashville, TN @ Marathon Music Works
    September 11th, Austin, TX @ Stubb’s Bar-B-Q
    September 12th, Houston, TX @ Revention Music Center
    September 13th, Dallas, TX @ Toyota Music Factory
    September 15th, Morrison, CO @ Red Rocks Amphitheatre
    September 16th Salt Lake City, UT @ The Complex
    September 17th, Boise, ID @ Revolution Concert House
    September 19th, Bozeman, MT @ Brick Breeden Fieldhouse
    September 20th, Calgary, AB @ Grey Eagle Event Centre
    September 21st, Edmonton, AB @ Edmonton Expo Centre, Hall B
    September 23rd, Vancouver, BC @ PNE Forum
    September 24th, Seattle, WA @ WaMu
    September 25th, Portland, OR @ Crystal Ballroom
    September 28th, Concord, CA @ Concord Pavilion
    September 29th, Santa Barbara, CA @ Santa Barbara Bowl
    September 30th, Irvine, CA @ Five Point Amphitheatre

2. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Is AFI headlining? I must drastically underestimate how popular they are.

3. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

AFI isn't playing Chicago with RA (because they're opening for FOB at Wrigley), so I hope that means AFI at Riot Fest!

4. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

This is a Rise Against headliner.

5. James McK

Former emo kid.

Two bands I've always wanted to see, in one fell swoop :teethsmile:

6. silentc

Regular

Also Anti-Flag is the opener for this tour

7. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

What an awesome lineup. I have never seen AFI live, so I will absolutely be taking the opportunity.

ramomcferno likes this.
  8. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I may be underestimating Rise Against and AFI's popularity in 2018, but I think they're going to have a hard time filling up Red Rocks? Luckily it's on a Saturday so that may help.

9. ARo24

Regular

Dam now I’m really bummed this is missing MI. This is an awesome tour.

10. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

very frustrating seeing all these activists go on a white men tour

artbynickferran likes this.
  11. heymattrick

Sending my love

The wording of the title is weird. It's an RA headliner for sure.

bestofmoss likes this.
  12. shawnhyphenray

Regular

Wow. Three amazing band on one show. I really really need to go to the Niagara Falls date!

disambigujason likes this.
  13. Iamhollywood315

Regular

can't tell if you're trolling or if im out of touch with the fragiles on here these days.

14. Cody

if my post makes me a "fragile," then i am proud to be one. women and poc belong on every tour, now more than ever.

15. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Why did you get unbanned?

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.
  16. Iamhollywood315 Mar 26, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 26, 2018)
    Iamhollywood315

Regular

what point are you trying to make? so what a tour with a bunch of white guys in a band big deal. does every single tour have to include a person of color or woman? Its so absurd to me people get offended that a bunch of bands decide to tour together and someones upset by the race and gender of the members of the bands. Literally it is what it is.

I don't know a single person that has this kind of thinking. most people think about the bands playing the show and if they like them not the racial and gender make up of each band member. i would never know people have thoughts like this about shows if i didn't come here.

17. Cody

i'm definitely not offended, so I don't know where you got that impression. i'm more a mixture of bemused and surprised? this tour will surely be successful, and i don't wish it anything but that

i am thinking about the bands playing the show. they're three quartets of white dudes. idk, not trying to paint you as anything negative, this is just me (like i stated simply and clearly before) being frustrated by three groups of white male activists touring with a bunch of other white guys

18. Iamhollywood315

Regular

Im not trying to start a whole charade or tell you you're wrong or anything but this concept of thinking is so new to me and something i've never acknowledged or thought about before so its harder for me to understand where you come from.

19. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I’m really not meaning to be an asshole here, but maybe it’s a good thing that your thinking is being challenged to move outside of the box you’re comfortable in. It’s not about being offended, it’s about wanting more representation on tours, especially with bands who promote activism such as these. Also, you’re much more likely to have an active and insightful conversation where you might take something away from it when you don’t immediately name call and condescend those who think differently than you do.

SuNDaYSTaR and Jake W like this.
  20. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Come on....really? After ALL the positive things that these 3 bands have been raising awareness about for years? You're REALLY gonna critique them on that point? These bands are likely all friendly with each other and have wanted to tour with each other for a while. Stop making drama where there is none.

heymattrick likes this.
  21. RiseAgainst379

Regular

Seeing Anti-Flag play an arena is going to feel weird. Pat won't get to do his drums-in-the-crowd thing.

22. I don’t think you’ve been listening to the bands’ messages if you think they’d considers other advocating for representation “drama.”

SuNDaYSTaR and tyramail like this.
  23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

So fucking disappointed this isn't coming to the DMV, this is an insane tour. AFI is always amazing live and I haven't had the chance to see Rise Against or Anti-Flag yet. Really hope they add an additional date

Penguin and Davjs like this.
  24. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I don't think advocating for representation is drama at all. I DO feel that policing and putting a microscope on simple things like tour pairings is unnecessary and losing site of the actual issue.

25. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Would really love to see AFI live. Miss them every time they come to Chicago...