Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

AFI - AFI (The Blood Album) (January 20, 2017) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Oct 27, 2016.

1. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

yeah thats what ive heard too, listening now and im liking what im hearing. definitely more raw but it works.

also curse you Sanchez for stealing my avatar ive had to go with STS instead

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Were you using the BLUE blood drop ones?!?!

3. CoffeeEyes17

Oh i just realized the album has red drop ones.

Oh well I'm happy with what I have now

4. celluloid dreams

Regular

Looking good fam

Dirty Sanchez and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  5. CoffeeEyes17

6. CoffeeEyes17

its the night before halloween, im listening to AFI and MCR, playing through Bloodborne, and eating candy. its lit

Cameron and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  7. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm listening to AFI while at work and crying about the shitload of HW due tomorrow :(

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  8. CoffeeEyes17

so what is the general consensus of the decemberunderground-crash love-burials run? listened to them now, they dont seem all THAT different from the preceding albums, just maybe a slight bit poppier. but from reading reviews and such, they seem to get trashed a bit.

9. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I LOVE DU and CL was a step down, but I still enjoy it a lot. Burials is amazing and I think I like it more than DU.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I appreciate DU so much more now that I'm older.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  11. kyle Oct 30, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 30, 2016)
    I loved DU when it came out but haven't listened to it in years. I don't think it deserves the hate it gets. However, CL was bad. Burials was a step back in the right direction.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  12. CoffeeEyes17

CL might be my favorite of those three after a listen. honestly im digging everything from Very Proud Of Ya onward.

these guys dabble in a lot of other genres really well. heavy rock, post hardcore, electronic, pop punk, rock, pop, fast punk, its all done really well and keeps things fresh.

13. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Well, there ya have it, we disagree on something. Lol in my opinion CL is AFIs worst record by a mile. Only like 2 good songs on the whole thing

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  14. CoffeeEyes17

we had a good run haha. this is only after one listen of each so im sure itll change. DU left the least impact on me but i still really like it.

Jakob Allen likes this.
  15. Horrorca

Trusted

Burials had a lot of potential - it kind of gives me this weird late Katatonia vibe and I think that could be an awesome approach for this band - ultimately, it didn't quite nail it in the songwriting department tho... still a cool little album

this one I feel might be a little more over the top, and that's cool, I like my AFI theatrical and dramatic and emo

love these guys

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  16. CoffeeEyes17

Ya the two new songs have that goth songwriting feel to them imo. Burials is a pretty emo and dark album though, but I enjoy that songwriting so *shrug*.

What's your fav AFI release?

17. Bane

The spiciest meme

I stated earlier but DU feels very messy compared to the albums after. I really like the songs on it but as a whole album it doesn't flow as well to me.

18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i never listened to burials but just listened to two singles from it - "17 crimes" and "i hope you suffer" - and found both to be just terrible. these two new songs are much better than both of those and sound like a return to a sing the sorrow vibe. in particular, snow cats reminds me of silver and cold while white offerings reminds me of the leavings song pt 2.

19. celluloid dreams

Regular

Three years ago on Halloween, they played this for the first time in 10 years.

20. Horrorca

Trusted

Sing the Sorrow, definitely

was huge to me when I was ~17 and still love it

I also love Black Sails, Art of Drowning and Du - the rest is ok

CoffeeEyes17 and amorningofsleep like this.
  21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

even the B-sides from the Sing the Sorrow sessions are hot fire, I truly feel the band was at the top of their game at this point. Synthesthesia, Now The World, Reivers Music, Rabbits are Roadkill, Carcinogen Crush, 100 Words......

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  22. CoffeeEyes17

so what youre saying is i need to hear these b-sides. sounds like theres a lot

23. irthesteve

Now The World, Synthesthesia and Reivers Music for sure. The other 3 were recorded in the same session, but released years later

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  24. CoffeeEyes17

are Blaqk Audio and XTRMST worth checking out? seem like cool side projects.

25. irthesteve

I love the first Blaqk Audio album, enjoy the second sometimes and am whatever on the third. XTRMST is really cool but a bit much for me to take in at once, hah

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.