Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

AFI - AFI (The Blood Album) (January 20, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Oct 27, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Official song streams

muttley likes this.
  2. Davjs

Trusted

I feel they both did, but I won't argue with Thrice since they are #1.

3. Davjs

Trusted

they also did this while opening for greenday which is incredible. I just think that video is shitty. I saw them tour CL and it was the best they've ever sounded. The energy/screams he puts into this song are better than when they toured DU and Burials. It's hard to listen to great studio version because I want to hear the intensity in the live version...

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This is kinda awesome, there are 4 vinyl colors for four blood types

AFI

kyle and Jakob Allen like this.
  5. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

That whole show was rough from them, this was one of the better sounding songs from that show, but overall it was just bad. Davey's voice was shot, and he kept adding in extra "-AHs" to the end of every other line. It was the most disappointed I've ever been in seeing a band I enjoyed live.

Davjs likes this.
  6. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Love this whole visual aesthetic.

7. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Those are really cool, but I will probably end up getting the big bundle. The socks and mug are odd choices, but, everyone could always use a new pair of socks.

8. Davjs

Trusted

Finally was able to sneak hearing these two songs at work. Both are solid, White Offerings sounds like it'd be really cool live.

Joe4th likes this.
  9. I think I like the blue one the most.

Maybe the orange...

10. Bane

The spiciest meme

So I really want the blue one, any chance they come with a digital download? Also which blood type is for each band member?

11. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

White Offerings is so fucking good.

12. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Burials is a top three AFI album for me along with Sing the Sorrow and Decemberunderground. It made me fall in love with this band all over again. Their discography as a whole is outstanding, and this seems like it will be yet another quality album added to it. The AFI store is running slow, but I still managed to snag a copy of the AB variant. The deluxe edition packaging looks gorgeous.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  13. Kevin_MI

Burials was their best since The Art of Drowning.

White Offerings is exactly what I want from AFI at this point. They're all older, and I don't think they could make another Black Sails even if they wanted to.

14. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Took me until now to realize that White Offerings reminds me of Faiting Spells and Breathing Towers to Heaven. If only because of the big chorus.

15. Burials is such an underrated album and the two new songs sound great and I can't wait for this

16. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I'm sorry, but this is one of the worst thing I've ever read.

irthesteve and Davjs like this.
  17. Davjs

Trusted

>-p

18. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I've grown to enjoy all of the AFI albums but Sing The Sorrow is definitely my favorite

19. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

It's great. I remember listening to it each and every night to and from the class that I had that ended at 7:20pm on Mondays and Wednesdays that semester. It was a great album to listen while walking to my car from class (which was a 20 minute walk), especially since it was dark out and cold. Great times.

20. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Burials is the only one I rly like

21. Michael

Regular Bitch

Burials is easily my favorite.

22. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I am honestly surprised by the amount of love for Burials in here.

irthesteve likes this.
  23. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

These new songs rule!

Love AFI's work Halloween EP to Decemberunderground. Crash Love was eh but it had some solid b-sides!

amorningofsleep likes this.
  24. Jakob Allen Oct 28, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 28, 2016)
    Jakob Allen

Trusted

Oh wow, there is a 20 minute track out there that has clips of all the songs. I am hypeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

Still a Stranger is amazing. Its heavyish at times and catchy

All the songs dont sound like STS, there are different styles, including some acoustic guitar mixed with electric.

Cant wait to hear this all in context of the album.

Got to hear about 1:30 of each song

25. Jakob Allen

Trusted

It appears as though Dumb Kids is skipped on the preview. I am trying to recognize the songs. So beneath you repeats, 3 times, so Snow Cats is skipped (already have the full thing) and so is Dumb Kids. The next song mentions touching eyes, so I am assuming it is Pink eyes.

Feed From the Floor is a slowish jam.

White Offerings is on the preview.

She Speaks the Language has a really really slow verse, really stirpped down. chorus is nice..

Wind that Carries, is an outro for sure. Just has that feel.