Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

AFI - AFI (The Blood Album) (January 20, 2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Oct 27, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

^^^^ what Jason said

KidLightning likes this.
  2. Bane

The spiciest meme

I'll respectfully disagree

Davjs and amorningofsleep like this.
  3. Horrorca

Trusted

4. Crash Love is literally the only AFI album I don't like. (I like the Blaq Audio stuff better than that one too.)

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  5. Bane

The spiciest meme

The more I listen to it Snow Cats REALLY reminds me of Sing the Sorrow, which is super cool.

White Offerings is kind of a mix of a bunch of their stuff. going all the way back to like Art of Drowning-ish.

irthesteve likes this.
  6. Bane

The spiciest meme

Man, CL has some good shit on it. Medicate, I Am Trying Very Hard To Be Here, Torch Song are prob my top 3. Also can't believe how good the b-sides are for it. I will say that I would trade like half the songs on CL for the b-sides.

Davjs and amorningofsleep like this.
  7. Jakob Allen

Trusted

CL has a few good songs, but overall that is a trash album. that's coming from someone with multiple AFI tattoos

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I haven't listened to a full album from these guys since Sing the Sorrow, but I'm definitely interested in checking this one out. I remember the hype surrounding DU when it came out fondly and had no idea until reading this thread that the fan base isn't very into it

9. Paul Beaumont

December Underground has some really really great songs on it. Not sure how it can be so disliked, it has about four or 5 bad songs on it but overall is decent. In fact I'd go so far as to say they really don't have a release I dislike, even if I never listen to Crash Love it's not bad.

10. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

I was anti-Crash Love for awhile but I went through the tracks and there's more I like than dislike on that album. Still probably my least favorite. Jade & Hunter have some great moments on that record, though.

Enjoy both new songs. Doesn't sound like they're straying too different from Burials in terms of sound but I'm okay with that.

11. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Guess I'm alone, I really dig Burials -- can't wait for this.

12. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I really like these two new songs, so I can only hope the album is good. I just want an album almost as good as StS.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  13. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

In a perfect world, they'd keep putting out albums like StS and TAoD. I've come to terms that this will never happen. I'll be happy if there's more than two songs off this that I can enjoy. Can't say the same for Burials.

Joe4th likes this.
  14. So what are the AB-, A+, O- "songs"?

15. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

I don't like these songs at all and it makes me sad. I've liked every album they've put out so it had to happen eventually I suppose.

16. Jakob Allen

Trusted

This is so strange to me. You like Crap Love (autocorrect but im leaving it), which was a horrible album, but dislike these songs which could easily fit on Sing the Sorrow. to each their own i guess

17. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

So you just sit here and criticize people and then try to pretend you didnt intentionally try to shit on someone by saying "to each their own" at the end of the sentence? That's really cool, tell me more. :clap:

Jakob Allen likes this.
  18. Burials was a great return to form.

Contender, jkauf and Jakob Allen like this.
  19. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Holy overreaction. I just said that I find it strange, because CL was a really bad album, and these songs are as good as their best album. Then I said you are free to have your own opinion. if that offended you, the Internet might not be a safe place for you.

kyle likes this.
  20. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Yep, these new songs are dope. White Offerings is exactly what I want to hear from them.

21. White Offerings is catchy as fuck. It's been stuck in my head since the first time I listened to it yesterday.

22. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Heard clips of the 2 new songs and they sound awesome. Really excited for this.

23. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

I've been listening to Snow Cats all morning. Didn't take long for me to get hooked, ha.

24. Davjs

Trusted

hahaha at CL hate. I'm with the band where I think it's their best. On my AFI jam mix, Torch Song, Beautiful Thieves, End Transmission, Medicate, Veronica Sawyer Smokes, Okay, I Feel Better Now, Cold Hands and It Was Mine always make it. I get it's different for them and hard to follow up DU, but from people in here who love Thrice who go from metal to indie folkish style rock I don't understand. But to each their own.

25. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I don't think that Thrice comparison is valid at all, one band did their transition well, the other fell flat on their face.