Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

AFI (A Fire Inside) Band • Page 51

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I think most concerts in arenas are like 10-12k capacity since behind the stage is closed but, yeah, likely their biggest show. I know they did Long Beach Arena in 2006 which is in the LA-area. Oddly enough, in NYC, they didn't even sell out T5 last week.

2. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Interesting, because I was blasting it in my car just the other day and I thought it sounded great, but that's me.

3. Sandslash

Trusted

the only other one I can think of is when they played Red Rocks, but that was a co-headliner with Circa. They’ve played some small-ish arenas when DU was big but those were mostly in California. So yeah, this is probably their biggest non-fest gig. Never underestimate the power of nostalgia and Cali AFI fans.

4. robb

Regular

I almost didn't get today's Wordle, because that word is forever misspelled in my mind.

If you don't care/play:
    HAVOC

5. manoverboard365

Trusted

Haha I had the same issue!

robb likes this.
  6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Davey Havok’s house is painted black.

JamesMichael and 333 GANG like this.
  7. AlwaysEvolving21 Mar 2, 2023
    (Last edited: Mar 2, 2023)
    AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Incredible. Just now seeing this video. My favorite AFI song and the first AFI song I ever heard back to back live.

8. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Damn, wish I was at that show...

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Meant to post in the thread over the weekend. I’ve always gone back and forth on if Art of Drowning or Sing The Sorrow was my favorite AFI record. Though over the years when I revisit Decemberunderground I think IT’s my favorite. It really clicked this weekend and I don’t think there is a single wasted moment on it.

10. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I have tickets for the show next Saturday, but I also have pretty severe travel anxiety. I've never traveled solo, let alone across the country to California. I know going would be a no-brainer for most people, but I'm really freaking out and might just skip it.

11. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Hopefully you end making the trip. I wouldn’t say that I get travel anxiety per se, but I do sometimes question whether I should do a trip. I always end up being glad I went. I actually enjoy the freedom of traveling on my own. I like being able to eat what I want or go checkout something that is cool to me. Not to say I don’t enjoy traveling with my fiancé or friends, but it’s just different when you are with people. And the show will be a lot of fun. You owe it to yourself to go.

Supernova, 333 GANG, 150Wrds and 2 others like this.
  12. JamesMichael Mar 2, 2023
    (Last edited: Mar 3, 2023)
    JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Yeah, echoing the above post. If you do it, not only will you get a gig to remember but you’ll feel better for conquering the anxiety. I used to suffer badly with it but having stepping stones to putting yourself out there really helps.

333 GANG and 150Wrds like this.
  13. 150Wrds

I'm travelling with my SO from the UK for this show, probably the stupidest ticket purchase I've ever made, but got everything booked now for a short break! I hope you do decide to go along, It'll be way worth it and from what I've found travelling alone before is, you gain so much confidence for the next trip. Not to say I'm not shitting it a bit taking such a long trip for a show!

If you want to meet two friendly Brits when you are there, let me know!

333 GANG and JamesMichael like this.
  14. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

going to the LA show if anyone wants to meet up

333 GANG likes this.
  15. Dog Fish

Mutt

upload_2023-3-9_11-27-45.png

kyle and amorningofsleep like this.
  16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Where's the link?

17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

18. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Instantly grabbed that.

19. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I think it's up early. Probably getting announced tomorrow, I'd guess.

20. I’m super excited for the upcoming Sing The Sorrow vinyl re-press but The Leaving Song Pt. 2 will always make me think of playing Madden 2004 on my PS2 haha

21. Monday apparently

Argus likes this.
  22. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Thrice all that’s left, blink’s feeling this, and yellowcard way away as well. Michael Vick cover was maybe my favorite version. 2005 was also pretty good too.

David87 likes this.
  23. seanxwilliams

Scar crossed lovers, forever

I have never pre-ordered a record for $90 so fast in my life (I live in London)

amorningofsleep likes this.
  24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Is that vinyljunkies link legit or should I just wait until the official announcement?

25. gbuffers

England.

I was exactly the same (albeit just outside the M25 haha). Usually refuse to pay such high postage costs but no way could I miss out on this!

Hoping there’ll be a UK stockist though.