Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

AFI (A Fire Inside) Band • Page 44

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I actually liked "Far Too Near" for the most part (at least it sounds like it has a bit of enthusiasm). "Dulceria" was like the others for me - pretty cool instrumentally but the vocals just drone on until the song ends.

I honestly don't get it. All of the songs start out interesting enough instrumentally but don't do enough to save the songs from the mundane vocals. I understand that not every song needs a "hook", but these songs leave absolutely no impression in my head and they are impossible for me to single along to. I cannot remember how the vocal melodies go even after multiple listens because they are just long drawn out notes. Davey does absolutely nothing to make the songs memorable, and that part really bums me out. I've given all six of the new songs a fair chance and will probably listen to the rest, but man...

tomdelonge, maryp1603 and 333 GANG like this.
  2. 333 GANG

ACAB

Pretty much exactly this.

3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

4. Kylee

Regular

Nailed it. Looking Tragic is the only single that I can remember a single melody from.

333 GANG likes this.
  5. Dulceria is... interesting, definitely not as safe as the other new one and what else they've put out lately. I guess the one positive of this weird album rollout has been finally checking out Blaqk Audio. Their newer releases are really good, which makes the contrast in quality with AFI's new stuff only more confusing to me. I still have no desire to replay any of these songs, which is the first time it ever happened prior to a new album release.

6. I guess I'm in the minority. I like Dulceria quite a bit. And Escape from Los Angeles is super catchy. I can't remember any songs from the last 2 albums, but I really liked the Missing Man EP. I'm cautiously optimistic about this new one.

150Wrds likes this.
  7. Kylee

Regular

Burials and Blood were incredible! You should revisit them!

8. 333 GANG

ACAB

Burials was solid. Blood was cool, but the production was horrible.

9. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Loved Blood. I thought Burials was the one with bad production. It sounds messy to me

10. 333 GANG

ACAB

To each their own, but Blood has always sounded super muddy to me. Burials has way more polish, which I understand isn’t for everyone.

11. Cmoney86 Apr 9, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 9, 2021)
    Cmoney86

Trusted

Half of the new album is out already. 6/11 songs have been released and it doesn’t come out for another 2 months. I wonder how many more they
    release between now and June 11th

12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I may have said it in this thread already but I think Davey and Jade show 100x more passion/energy towards Blaqk Audio than they do for AFI at this point

disambigujason likes this.
  13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I like it a lot too.

14. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Damn, Sing The Sorrow is finaaaaaaaally on UK Apple Music!

15. JamesMichael

But for some reason '...but home is nowhere' is greyed out and missed:facepalm:

16. razorburn

Trusted

beachdude likes this.
  17. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Not really sure the crossover between AFI and wrestling fans on here, but this happened this weekend and it was pretty fucking awesome.

18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

That’s amazing. I know he loves The Swellers too and was in one of the music videos.

19. JamesMichael

Nice!

20. seanxwilliams

Scar crossed lovers, forever

Oh my god that is so rad. What a song to walk out to

21. Bane

The spiciest meme

Not a wrestling person but I do love hearing various rock/punk/metal artists being used for entrances and such, awesome

22. amorningofsleep

Someone at bar trivia played Love Like Winter tonight and I almost lost my mind.

Orla, maryp1603, chewbacca110 and 2 others like this.
  23. JamesMichael

Absolute classic!

amorningofsleep likes this.
  24. amorningofsleep

JamesMichael likes this.
  25. deflector

formerly pizzatime

New Blaqk Audio album in September, Trop d'amour

song is pretty good