Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

AFI (A Fire Inside) Band • Page 42

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Davey's vocals have been very boring since Blood Album. He's trying too hard to get that new wave thing and it takes all the emotion out of his performances.

Except that White Offerings song... that one goes hard

2. I thought Crash Love was pretty interesting though

3. This is better and more instant than these new AFI songs. So weird.

Also a reminder that I should check out Blaqk Audio at some point.

beachdude and JamesMichael like this.
  4. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I dont care how much of a STS rip off that song is, it goes hard, and I honestly wish they would do it more often.

beachdude, Crisp X and ArmsLikeTeeth like this.
  5. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

Twisted Tongues is good but the pacing of those quiet breakdowns is a bit odd. I feel like if it ended around 2:30 it would be a great song. I was listening and at one point wondered if the song was actually still going...

6. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

This is how I feel too. I like the stylistic direction, honestly, but the songs themselves just don't really cut it for me. They don't feel like they go anywhere and are not memorable to me at all. Songs like this are proof that they have it in them to write good songs in that neighborhood.

beachdude and Crisp X like this.
  7. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’m continuing my discography dive and liked Crash Love more than I thought. Darling, I Want to Destroy You sounds like a Coheed song.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  8. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Veronica Sawyer Smokes, Too Shy to Scream, and Sacrilege were great too.

9. 333 GANG

ACAB

Crash Love is excellent

10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I like Crash Love more than DU overall even if DU has better highlights

333 GANG likes this.
  11. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Darling is a fucking fantastic song.

12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

this is so insane to me

JamesMichael likes this.
  13. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I like Crash Love, but it doesn’t come close to DU.

irthesteve likes this.
  14. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Yeah DU is way better than CL and I do really like the latter compared to most people on here.

15. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Maybe I should have listened to DU again before I said that lol, I just did and I immediately take that back

CL is mad underrated though

beachdude, tomdelonge and irthesteve like this.
  16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Every time I hear that Crash Love is underrated, I revisit the album, and get upset that I was tricked into listening to the album.... I dno't get the appeal at all

kyle, David Parke and Micah511 like this.
  17. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I only like three songs on CL. I also saw them that album cycle and it was the worst AFI sounded live and it was such a bummer

18. Back when Davey was ending every line with a high pitched "oh!" or something...

19. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Yep. It was horrible and turned me off on them for a while. Would love to see them again and give them another shot.

20. deflector

formerly pizzatime

Yeah I'm of the opinion that Crash Love was just overall a bad time. Props to them for a serious attempt to incorporate glam and the 80's into their sound but in the process they kind of lost their identity, I think.

21. My buddy’s and I still do the Davey “oh!” When describing things or emoting. Lol

Crisp X and Brent like this.
  22. adamlikesdogs

@meaninglessritual

I hated Crash Love when it came out, like absolutely hated it. Pretty into it now and would probably put it above DU, but I get why people aren't keen on it.

333 GANG likes this.
  23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Crash Love is their last album that doesn't sound like AFI on autopilot imo, even though I liked most of Burials

24. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

After STS and DU, CL was just such a huuuuge departure from them, musically and visually.

I still really dig it but I can see why people don’t like it. It was definitely around the time a lot of bands were dropping the goth/emo look from our scene in favour of a more mainstream rock sound and appeal.

25. deflector

formerly pizzatime

Beautiful Thieves is really good.

beachdude and JamesMichael like this.