Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

AFI (A Fire Inside) Band • Page 40

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Ah, I honestly just blocked those days out of my mind. Pretty sure my backpack weighed 50 lbs and I didn't even listen to half of those CDs.

2. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

i definitely felt like the more CDs I had, the cooler I was.

3. Dog Fish

Mutt

the goosebumps of highschool

Micah511 and 333 GANG like this.
  4. razorburn

Trusted

According to Reddit, the new singles will be released on the 15th.

5. razorburn

Trusted

[​IMG]

mike1885, beachdude, kyle and 3 others like this.
  6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Hell yeah.

7. I’m very excited to hear these tunes.

8. 333 GANG

ACAB

Stoked!

9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Oh shit, hope we get the album by spring

10. I just hope nothing leaks... because they really didn't have any luck in the lead up to The Blood.

11. razorburn

Trusted

12. 333 GANG

ACAB

Clip sounds cool. Can’t wait to hear these songs

13. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Looks like a new logo in their Twitter avi

15. ryhhno

Been a fan of theirs for a long time but never dug as deep as I should have. Just got done with Sing the Sorrow and Decemberunderground in full and (unsurprisingly) loved them. Can't wait for these songs

sukottokairu and maryp1603 like this.
  16. Cmoney86

Trusted

Drip drip with both songs. Liking escape from la better

17. i imagine that's the kinda synthwavy that was in that clip yesterday or whatever?

18. Cmoney86

Trusted

Yeah. Escape from la is more synth then guitar driven and twisted tongues is the opposite and more guitar driven

19. First Impressions

They both sound like Blaqk Audio songs.

beachdude and amorningofsleep like this.
  20. 333 GANG

ACAB

Neither of these songs are doing much for me.

amorningofsleep likes this.

22. Both songs are fine and seem slightly more left-field, for the lack of a better word, than The Blood. Davey in particular sounds great on Twisted Tongues, and I like how the ominous vibe and the industrial bridge recall Burial.

Escape From LA will be a grower. The mix of synthier influences with this more power pop sound works well and is a welcome change considering the more stripped down vibes of the previous album.

Something that seems in common for both is the lack of a strong... hook? I remember hearing Snow Cat and White Offerings and having both stuck in my head by the second listen. This isn't happening this time.

Of course, it wouldn't be a self-produced AFI release without some gripes about the production. I'm not a fan of how the drums are mixed, the kick and snare seem too loud and on the bassy side. I also feel like something is preventing both singles from fully popping off... ah well.

23. adamlikesdogs

@meaninglessritual

Both songs have a quality that remind me a bit of some Crash Love b-sides (which I mean as a huge compliment) and Burials. If I had to pin it, it seems like they don't feel forced. Not sure if that makes sense, but I'm into it.

disambigujason likes this.
  24. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I like them.

They’re kinda how I was hoping they’d sound haha. They remind me a lot of Burials over all, but they’re a bit poppier. The bass line through out Escape From LA is sick! That song is very new wave/post-punk and I’m into it.

This makes me excited for the new album now.

Edit: The artwork is cool too.

25. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

They're just okay to me and not anything too memorable. Still excited for the rest though. I definitely like the stylistic change they're going for.