Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

AFI (A Fire Inside) Band • Page 39

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Burials went hard but Crash Love went harder

2. Dude like End Transmission? END FUCKING TRANSMISSION??? Fire song

3. Drunk in the AFI thread shoutout rockband unplugged on the PSP for showing me Miss Murder in 2011

4. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I mainly just meant it’s weird to word it “before the year’s end” on January 1st if songs are already ready to be released “very soon”. I’m sure that’s all they meant, but it was a strange way to explain it, I guess.

beachdude and 333 GANG like this.
  5. 333 GANG

ACAB

Crash Love is a criminally underrated record

6. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Did not know they were on Rise now. Does that make them Rise's biggest act? Only other contenders I can think of are CTE and DGD and I believe AFI is more established than both of those bands

Mrk_Brdshw, beachdude and David Parke like this.
  7. I think angels and airwaves? This AFI album will DEFINITELY be out before AVAs lol

8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

AFI and Davey always write in weirdly formal/poetic ways lol

Crisp X and beachdude like this.
  9. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Love Burials and Blood album. Burials tops Blood by a smidge. Burials track 1-6 are 10/10 incredible songs. I sure wish I would have bought one of the unique member variant vinyl's they did when Blood album released.

(Crash Love is so forgettable. Crazy how you go from Decemberunderground almost iconic down to CL.)

deflector likes this.
  10. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I haven’t really been into anything from them since Decemberunderground. I need to go give listens to everything they’ve released since.

Brent likes this.
  11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Same. I’ll check out Burials first I guess. Didn’t like the singles from CL

12. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I liked Crash Love and loved Burials, but I was iffy on the last album and EP. Definitely some good songs, but also a lot of repetitive choruses.

13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Now I have to listen to Crash Love and Burials today. Thanks, thread.

333 GANG and JamesMichael like this.
  14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Oh yeah, The Missing Man EP rules. I think I like that more than the Blood album.

beachdude, Supernova and Argus like this.
  15. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I definitely agree on it being odd wording, especially on the first day of the year.

I also prefer it to Blood. I'm cautiously optimistic that the new record will expand on that sound.

16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Blood Album didn't stick with me at all outside of Aurelia and Snow Cats. I actually love Crash Love though, that album is so fucking catchy and has a lot of variety on it

Burials is great too for the most part

17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

It's kinda interesting how this band has what feels like to me, three VERY distinct time periods. Answer That through Art of Drowning are obviously the most punk-focused, of course getting more experimental as they go, but Sing The Sorry and decemberunderground feel like such a specific period of time for the band that's far beyond that. Then they three most recent albums, they're fine to good in their own right, but definitely feel like a third wave for the band. Does this make sense to anyone else or do I sound like an old man

18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I actually totally agree but I lump Crash Love in with STS and DU

skogsraet likes this.
  19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Eeeeeesh, I can't agree with you there haha. Such a huge drop in quality, never came around to it

Argus, LessThanTrevor and Joe4th like this.
  20. razorburn

Trusted

21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Escape From LA would be a dope album name.

beachdude, JamesMichael and 333 GANG like this.
  22. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

White Offerings is still such a banger, it got me way too hyped up for the blood album.

23. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Confession time: I haven’t listened to anything after decemberunderground. I’ll listen to their new stuff today.

24. Dog Fish

Mutt

[​IMG]

*me in high school when I realize I have to shift my entire giant alphabetically arranged CD case by one when a new AFI album came out

25. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

pace yourself. It's hit or miss. Just make sure to note which ones are worth coming back to.