Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

AFI (A Fire Inside) Band • Page 36

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Those album walk throughs are great for sure. I sympathise with Davey during the DU one and him wanting to put A View From Here on there but it got left off by the label if I remember?

Such a good song as well. I know I’ve said it before but it’s criminal these guys haven’t released a B-side album. They have so many dope songs that got left off.

2. Horrorca

Trusted

posted this on the hxc thread but it’s relevant here too:

once upon a time I lost a shoe at an AFI moshpit

moved outside the pit a while after & was standing with a friend complaining about the shoe when some flying object hits him in the face & we’re both like WTF

it was my shoe :)

this was after StS was released & it was an amazing show

3. No idea, I do hope they don't self produce again. I remember seeing, around the time the EP came out, that they planned to put out a new album in the second half of this year. I guess it's probably going to be a Spring release unless they suddenly start teasing in the next few weeks.

4. Argus Sep 18, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 18, 2019)
    Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

My guess is their being on the Pumpkins tour pushed everything back.

I'm guessing Jade produces again. I think he's getting better, and The Missing Man and new Blaqk Audio are some of my favorite releases in the last year.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  5. DesolateEarth

Birb

Its fall. Time to break out STS and DU again!

6. 333 GANG

ACAB

Have they been recording? I haven’t seen anything. I’d love a new record early next year.

7. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I know they talked about a quicker turnaround, and had initially planned for a late 2019 release, but I'm guessing they've yet to enter the studio.

8. razorburn

Trusted

I also lost a shoe in an AFI pit at Reading Festival 2009.

9. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

FTFY

DesolateEarth and Argus like this.
  10. Horrorca

Trusted

high five, friend

11. Taxt

Hey friends, I'm regretfully selling my Sing the Sorrow LP. I'm trying to find it a good home!
    As far as I can tell I'm selling it cheaper than any other available copies atm.
    Discs are near mint, sound great. Record sleeves & gatefold have normal shelf wear & corner wear, nothing major.
    Pictures here:

If anyone's interested let me know.

maryp1603 likes this.
  12. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Sing the Sorrow still fucks, so many bangers

13. sukottokairu

Regular

sing the sorrow is the pinnacle album for them. many good songs from later and earlier albums but that one is perfect from front to back.

14. Heron182

Regular

How much ?

15. Taxt

STS vinyl is long gone, sorry guys!

16. 333 GANG

ACAB

Easily a top five record front to back for me

amorningofsleep and Micah511 like this.
  17. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

STS might be the biggest scene record thats OOP. Everything else has been reissued.

18. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Been listening to DU and blood album a lot lately. Blood has its issues but was pretty underrated.

19. 333 GANG

ACAB

I really like the Blood Album, but don’t care much for the production.

20. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Yeah no disrespect to Jade as he’s grown a lot but I hope they get a producer on the next one.

21. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

just popping in to say Sing the Sorrow is one of my favorite albums of all time, but I forget it exists like, 10 months out of the year. I remember, put it on, and then think, "this might be one of my top 10-15 albums ever". That's all.

22. Kylee

Regular

Hunter is doing a Q&A on Decemberunderground tonight @ 8 EST on Instagram if anybody is interested. @AFIheadquarters page

maryp1603 and 333 GANG like this.
  23. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

oh hey, I run that page.

Argus likes this.
  24. ItsJoe

Joe

For people that will miss this, namely myself since I live in the UK, will it be possible to watch this again?

25. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

it’ll be saved to the HQ Instagram for 24 hours.

disambigujason likes this.