Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

AFI (A Fire Inside) Band • Page 35

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

2. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

PLEASE TELL ME RIOT FEST

3. Argus May 17, 2019
    (Last edited: May 17, 2019)
    Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I could see them playing it, but I doubt we get any sort of BSITS anniversary recognition beyond the shirt and stuff. Maybe they throw an extra song or two into the set, but they're never going to play old albums in their entirety to celebrate milestones.

EDIT: It's my 1000th post!

4. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

They will not perform BSITS or any other record in full. They’ve said they won’t do it.

5. amorningofsleep

Jesus. i can't believe it's been 13 years already.

6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

That was an album I was so confused with when I first heard it.

7. this album rules so much

8. Doomsday

strange days are here to stay Prestigious

Album dropped on my birthday and I remember fondly listening to it and playing games on the computer. Think I'll replicate that for my birthday 13 years later!

bradsonemanband likes this.
  9. Sim City 2000?

10. Doomsday

strange days are here to stay Prestigious

No, just random games on random websites. I was all about the flash games back then!

11. haha i used to play Bloons all the time on some website... where a little monkey or something shoot darts at balloons.

Doomsday likes this.
  12. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

It took me awhile to come around to this album too, but now that I have, it rules. Also has a slew of great b-sides.

13. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I think the first AFI song I ever heard weirdly was Rabbits are roadkill, which they played on KROQ for a while? to this day that riff still gets me amped

Oskarr, amorningofsleep and Davjs like this.
  14. The first AFI song I heard was "Totalimmortal." I had this DVD that had a bunch of punk rock music videos on it. I got it because it had MXPX, Descendents, The Ataris, and The Vandals on it, but then ended up discovering and loving a bunch of the bands on it, including AFI.

JamesMichael and Davjs like this.
  15. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

It really does. I remember being a little turned off initially, partly because Sing the Sorrow is my favorite album and I don't now that anything they released immediately after would've swayed me. However, in the years since I've come to really love what they did with Decemberunderground and at this point I'd probably rank it in my top three or four AFI records.

16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Same for me. That song and God Called In Sick Today. Back to back.

17. amorningofsleep

I believe the first track I ever heard was "The Boy Who Destroyed the World" on THPS3. A little bit later a kid on my school bus gave me a burned copy of The Art of Drowning. And then Sing the Sorrow was released and changed everything for me.

JamesMichael and Slangster like this.
  18. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Same!

amorningofsleep likes this.
  19. Jbent

Trusted

I bought The Art of Drowning and Antiflag Underground Network at Sam Goody without ever hearing them cause my older cousin that I looked up to told me they were great. Initiation into Lost Souls bass line intro...I was absolutely sold! Being 12 at the time TAOD was monumental to me. AFI will always be important cause that fucking changed me.

20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Does anyone else love this band a lot but barely understand what Davey says? Usually when I sing along I kind of just mimic the sounds he makes and have no idea what he's actually saying lol

David Parke likes this.
  21. So we shouldn't be that far from an album announcement right? The rollout for The Blood Album started around that time / October three years ago.

22. Horrorca

Trusted

Sing the Sorrow was monumental for me! I must have heard it 1,000 times that year it came out

23. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Not sure we’ll be getting anything this year with the EP last year but I hope so. Any news if they’ve been recording? Would love for them to work with a producer again.

24. All morning I've been listening to XTRMST and watching those AFI Yahoo videos where they talk about each album.

25. amorningofsleep

I fucking love those Yahoo videos.

Oskarr and bradsonemanband like this.