Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

AFI (A Fire Inside) Band • Page 34

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Davjs

Trusted

This talk made me go back to Missing Man EP, as that is the only release I don't know by heart yet. What a great album, I think Break Angels and Back Into The Sun have Crash Love vibes.

I think The Missing Man may be their most epic closer, what a track.

3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'm going through Blaqk Audio's stuff right now for maybe like the third or fourth time and I always forget how much I really fucking like it. So many of their songs are sooooo catchy

Argus likes this.
  4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Listening to nothing but this band all week. So fucking good. I never listened to burials when it came out so that’s been interesting to revisit. But I’m mostly surprised at how much I’m loving crash love these days. Beautiful thieves is probably my favorite song by them right now.

5. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Crash Love is so underrated by AFI fans

6. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Only Crash Love songs I go back to are "Veronica Sawyer Smokes" and the deluxe track "Fainting Spells", but I love them.

7. Davjs

Trusted

All these pro Crash Love posts so early on a Monday? A good start to the week.

Still my favorite AFI album to listen to from start to finish.

8. 333 GANG

ACAB

Darling, I Want to Destroy You is one of my all time favorite songs by this band, which is really saying something considering I love almost everything they’ve put out.

9. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

That's always been one of my favorite tracks from Crash Love, too.

Larry David and 333 GANG like this.
  10. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I go down this rabbit hole like once a year. I listen only to them for like two weeks straight and rediscover my love for their discography, especially Sing the Sorrow to present. There's nothing else really like them.

11. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Have to agree I love Beautiful Thieves as well. It’s such a good song!

Crash Love is definitely underrated.

beachdude, Larry David and Davjs like this.
  12. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I really wish they’d sort out the lack of Sing The Sorrow on UK Apple Music.

Davjs likes this.
  13. DesolateEarth

Birb

I dont like crash love at all :shrug:

kyle likes this.
  14. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

2003 was a killer year

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  15. Say what you will about Crash Love, but this is one of their best songs

sophos34, beachdude and Davjs like this.
  16. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Beautiful thieves and this are an amazing one two punch

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

So looks like we're all in agreement that Crash Love is way overhated

Doomsday and Larry David like this.
  18. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Beautiful thieves is one of my least favorite AFI songs but the rest of the album is great

19. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I always thought the first three tracks were top tier classic AFI songs, and "Veronica Sawyer Smokes" and "Darling, I want to Destroy You" are two of the best examples of good poppy/melodic. Also, "Cold Hands" is one of the best songs of their discography that no one really ever mentions, and "Medicate" is a super underrated single. So the album definitely has a lot of good stuff in my opinion.

On the other hand, I feel like the album's weak points are what keep me from holding it in as high regard as their other ones. I have always skipped certain songs like "Too Shy to Scream" and "I Am Trying Very Hard to Be Here" ever since the album came out (that "flash, flash, car crash" line makes me cringe every time). The other songs on the record are decent, but I feel like they've written similar songs to them that are way better.

20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

“Torch Song” is a super underrated opener from them.

That album will forever remind me of Soring Break 2009 bc me and friends went to Pensacola, FL and AFI played an outdoor show there to support Crash Love. We caught the show and it was great.

For that, it’s a good spring/summer album for me.

21. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Yea I remember people being upset torch song wasn’t a traditional AFI opener and I was like uhhh this is one of the best songs they’ve done

Petit nain des Îles and Davjs like this.
  22. Oskarr

Needled 24/7

From memory: End Transmission, Veronica Sawyer Smokes, Okay I Feel Better Now, and It Was Mine all slap. Everything else is pretty good too.

Except Too Shy To Scream.

23. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Did I stumble into some alternate universe here?

Contender and Joe4th like this.
  24. 333 GANG

ACAB

I actually really like Too Shy to Scream. Not my favorite song on Crash, but it’s a solid listen.

Oskarr, disambigujason and Davjs like this.
  25. Davjs

Trusted

Too Shy to Scream sounded so good live! Glad I saw them on the Crash Love tour because I doubt they will ever bust it out again. That set was so good.

Oskarr likes this.