Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

AFI (A Fire Inside) Band • Page 33

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I think my favorites are:

Greater Than 84
    The Conductor
    No Resurrection

HM: I Hope you Suffer

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  2. Davjs

Trusted

A Deep Slow Panic
    17 Crimes
    The Conductor

Besides leaving out Deep Slow Panic, the stretch between 17 Crimes all the way to Greater Than 84 is just so damn good!

3. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Face Beneath the Waves my fav

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Almost added that one as my HM. Perfect closer to the album for sure. Epic.

5. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I just forget how good the whole record is, really (“Heart Stops” is the only one I think I could do without).

If I remember correctly, they released a bunch of the songs individually before the record came out, so when I finally got the whole thing I really only listened to the “new” songs. Now that it’s been a while I can actually listen to it as a single cohesive album.

6. When I think about it, they have no bad albums. I'm not a fan of the nineties ones and Crash Love is inconsistent, but even those have some gems.

7. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

New EP is easily their best work in 12 years. I also revisited Burials for the first time in 4 years and it’s a lot better than I remember. I think I was so underwhelmed by Crashlove that it made me less willing to give Burials a chance.

8. myawrld

Regular

9. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

March 15th for the new Blaqk Audio record!

Dirty Sanchez and Davjs like this.
  10. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Hardest workers in the music business. I sort of half expect a new Dreamcar album announced before summer lol.

Larry David likes this.
  11. Larry David

I need a shirt that says “I survived the thin mustache Davey Havok era”

12. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Davey wanted to become Vincent Price so bad

Just like he channeled Morrissey in the Crash Love era

13. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I like his mustache. It's a nice way to further differentiate his live performances from band to band.

Larry David and Davjs like this.
  14. Larry David

The music he's playing is the best way for me to differentiate band to band ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15. Linton9488

Regular

I really like Burials. Such a quality record. I'm also a big fan of sing the sorrow and Decemberunderground. Never got into Crash Love, might have to revisit it!

Davjs, dash64 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  16. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

I need to revisit Crash Love too. I just remember it being let down by it because that stretch between Black Sails and Decemberunderground was so great.

Linton9488 likes this.
  17. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Crash Love was the last record of theirs that I thought was really good. Also had the best bonus tracks.

18. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Crash Love has a few songs I absolutely can't stand, so I don't revisit it too much (which is the first of any of their albums that had that effect on me). Then when I do listen to it, I'm like "Wow, I forgot I actually love the other 90% of this album." Some of their best guitar work is on that album.

Linton9488 likes this.
  19. dash64

This is my design

I think Burials is definitely a stronger album than Crash Love.

20. Davjs

Trusted

Crash Love is my favorite of theirs, but I know I'm on a lonely hill with that one lol.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  21. dash64

This is my design

When Crash Love first came out I only listened to the standard version, but I recently found a copy of the deluxe with the bonus tracks, and bought the additional ones off iTunes so I'll give it another shot now that it is "complete."

22. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

2019 album is going to be the best yet. Hopefully.

23. Davjs

Trusted

It's weird because I love heavy/fast AFI the best typically, but I'm so into the song writing they did on Crash Love.

I honestly think Torch Song, Beautiful Thieves, End Transmission, Veronica Sawyer Smokes and Medicate are some of their best songs. I just really dig whatever zone they were in when writing the album.

24. The bsides were gorgeous as well. More of that 80's new wave influence please

Davjs and amorningofsleep like this.
  25. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Plus we finally got to hear "100 Words" for the first time on there.

Davjs likes this.