Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

AFI (A Fire Inside) Band • Page 32

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Davey*

2. Davjs

Trusted

3. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Yes we are!

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  4. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Autocorrect haha, sigh lol.

beachdude, Davjs and Larry David like this.
  5. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

beachdude, Davjs and Larry David like this.
  6. finnyscott

I'm from New York. No, not the city.

First listen through the whole thing and um Break Angels is the best thing they've written in a while

edit: shit The Missing Man is also super cool.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  7. Kylee

Regular

Yeah new full length in the second half of 2019. Confirmed by the whole band in a KROQ interview from Saturday night. Also new Blaqk Audio album this spring along w a tour.

8. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

WOW
    :-)

Davjs likes this.
  9. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Revisiting their discography the past couple of days. It's so weird to think that back to when I got into this band and how I kind of felt like I was late to the party just getting into them after Art of Drowning.

Then they got sort of mainstream with Sing the Sorrow and Decemberunderground, but I feel like people generally didn't know they had already been around forever before that. It's almost like I think of them as two different bands.

10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Damn...Burials is THE SHIT. I hope they take inspiration from that album (experimentation and production) and mix it with the likes of The Missing Man EP. Fuckin-A.

11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Total Immortal and Days Of The Phoenix got me into them. Also felt like I was late the party as all my friends were jamming Black Sails and earlier. Then they stopped caring about them when Decemberunderground came out. Now I'm the only one who still listens to them/stuff that came after.

12. After one listen, I'm digging this EP. Makes me a bit more excited than I thought I would be for another album.

13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

They play Get Dark

14. Surprised to hear about a new album as early as mid next year! I already can't wait.

Larry David likes this.
  15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I need burials on vinyl. Late to the game but I love this album. They really delivered something refreshing with it. Wish I was more open minded when it came out.

16. I will take any opportunity to say what an incredible song The Conductor is.

17. Davjs

Trusted

It really is. I never tire of hearing that intro. They really can make magic with synth.

18. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Davjs speaks the truth.

Larry David likes this.
  19. Davjs

Trusted

Larry David and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  20. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I may be willing to part ways with my copy if the price is right!

21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I actually ordered a copy through them like 2 hours ago haha.

Larry David likes this.
  22. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Conductor is probably my least favorite on burials, but it’s grown on me a lot since I first heard it

Davjs likes this.
  23. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I have trouble picking a favorite on that record, but it’s gotta be somewhere in the stretch of “Rewind” through “Greater Than 84”. Great album.

It’s kind of a bummer listening to how huge something like “I Hope You Suffer” sounds and then hearing how flat The Blood Album sounds in comparison.

24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

That synth sound on Wild is fucking dope

25. DannyZach

Trusted

I said this here no long time ago but since speak of Burials best......17 CRIMES forever.It got beautiful music video too

Davjs and disambigujason like this.