Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

AFI (A Fire Inside) Band • Page 31

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. After one listen, I’m into the new EP.

2. It sounds like a Weezer song to me.

3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Fucking love this song. Favorite on the EP.

4. sukottokairu

Regular

i'm liking this EP, only dug a few songs from the last album but this is very solid! get dark is probably my least favorite so it was nice that the rest of the songs ended up better than the single. break angels is my favorite.

disambigujason likes this.
  5. Just put this on. Trash Bat rules, Davey sounds so good, like his voice seems better produced than in The Blood or is it me?

6. Scratch that, he's sometimes buried in the mix weirdly, or there might be an effect on his voice. It's bugging me, especially on Break Angels' prechorus. Count me in on the "they need an outside producer again" take.

7. Break Angels is the best song they've released since End Transmission.

beachdude and DannyZach like this.
  8. Back Into The Sun has a huge 90's emo feel. Didn't expect that from AFI.

beachdude and Larry David like this.
  9. Get Dark is fine, a bit too repetitive much like a good part of The Blood. It's the one that sounds the most like a bside.

The Missing Man is probably one of my favorite songs ever already? One of the most The Cure things they've ever written, in a good way. The middle east like vocal sample is a nice touch. More of this on the upcoming album.

beachdude and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This EP delivers. Its a very good release from them. What are people's takes on the Blood Album? I actually reallllly like it.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  11. Kylee

Regular

Love the Blood Album very much. Really enjoy this EP except for Back Into The Sun. Seems to fit very weirdly into the pacing of the album. I find myself just wanting it to be over to get to Get Dark.

12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Thats my favorite on the the EP haha. Sounds nothing like it at all...but when I first heard the song it gave me the same feeling 'God Called In Sick Today' did when I heard that.

13. Kylee

Regular

I think the other songs are just so much stronger. Not saying its terribe, it just fits into the EP in a weird way for me.

I love the fast songs on the EP but Break Angels definitely steals the show for me. The prechorus and chorus are just insanely catchy to me.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Totally get what you're saying.

15. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Echoing this, it was my issue with The Blood album. They really need a producer in for the next album to help.

The EP is a step up production wise though from The Blood album so if they do decide to stick with Jade I'm sure he'll keep improving.

Overall the EP is a blast and I think each member gets a chance to shine throughout the listen. My biggest grip as mentioned is the production and possibly Davey's vocals being mixed/recorded weird. Is anyone else hearing that?

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  16. What producer could help them get that polish? I have Justin Medal-Johnsen in mind. I'd love someone who knows how to mesh various genres.

17. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

That’d be good

18. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah, unfortunately I’m also in the group that thinks these last two releases could have benefited from different production. A ton of solid songs, but vocals are buried a lot and the drums are muddy. The low end isn’t particularly bad, but the bass typically has a lot more punch in their older albums. It doesn’t ruin the songs by any means, but it feels like a step backward in that regard.

beachdude and JamesMichael like this.
  19. Davjs Dec 10, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 10, 2018)
    Davjs

Trusted

I haven't listened yet, about to, but this has me so hyped. End Transmission is def one of their very best songs.

20. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Can't get enough of this EP right now

21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I'm gonna listen to Burials today. Didn't care for it at first, but now I like it. Cool little gem in their discography.

22. Davjs

Trusted

On my third listen through and I agree, it's really good.

Larry David likes this.
  23. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Wonder if Dreamcar will put out something in 2019.

24. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I’m assuming no since it seems that AFI will be pretty active in 2019

25. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Are we gonna get an AFI LP in 2019?!?

Daddy can DO IT ALL!