Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Aerosmith Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cshadows2887, May 29, 2016.

1. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I listened to Toys In The Attic this morning. It's interesting that it contained two much bigger hits than anything on Rocks. I probably prefer Rocks to it though. I loved the blueseyness on '10 Inch Record'.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  2. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Listened to Rocks again yesterday. I think the remarkable thing about it (other than the clear peak of their musicianship and their most consistent writing), is the way they developed multiple aspects of their sound. Want to hear their peak bluesy shuffles, put on "Get the Lead Out" or "Last Child". Want to hear them at their most breakneck barrelhouse rock and roll, "Back in the Saddle" and "Rats in the Cellar" will get you there. Love their melodic side? "Home Tonight" and "Nobody's Fault" are a clear peak of that avenue of their sound.

3. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

We can all agree that their early work is killer, but you can't understate how important that three album stretch of Permanent Vacation, Pump and Get A Grip was for them. The sales figures, accolades and whatever else came with those albums is almost mind blowing for a band that was seemingly done.

BornToRun and cshadows2887 like this.
  4. cshadows2887

First spin with Nine Lives. I don't think they were making great art at this point anymore, but man is it a fun record. I already knew 2 of the 3 hits on it were favorites of mine ("Hole in My Soul" and "Falling in Love (Is Hard on the Knees)"), but there were some killer albums tracks, too, like "Fallen Angels" and "Ain't That a Bitch".

BornToRun likes this.
  5. Jams

Trusted

Oh man I haven't listened to Nine Lives in years! I remember loving "Ain't That a Bitch" though! Now I gotta go and listen to that album!

6. cshadows2887

Wrapped up Aerosmith with a spin of Just Push Play. It's like most of their albums in the second half of their career. A few songs that stand with their best ("Jaded", "Beyond Beautiful", "Fly Away from Here") a few nice sleepers ("Sunshine", "Luv Lies") and some filler that sounds fine while playing but you immediately forget what it sounds like ("Trip Hoppin"). The new producers did breathe some interesting life though. There are quite a few sonic details brought in.

7. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Threw them on this afternoon, they still rule.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  8. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Rocks fucking bangs

unbornwhiskey and cshadows2887 like this.
  9. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Just Push Play is one of my most revisited records of theirs still. "beyond beautiful" is so good

10. cshadows2887

Aregala likes this.
  11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

F'ing love Aerosmith. They put on an excellent live show.

12. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

For some reason mid-late 70s hard rock is my go-to soundtrack for studying for finals. So all I've really been listening to is these dudes' first 4 albums, Bon Scott era AC/DC, and golden era Thin Lizzy.

A 10/10 experience, would recommend to all

unbornwhiskey and cshadows2887 like this.
  13. cshadows2887

I always have a hard time picking a best Bon-era AC/DC album, but I tend to lean toward Let There Be Rock

Aregala likes this.
  14. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

it's either that or Powerage for me. The boogie feel on Let There Be Rock is p enticing tho

JRGComedy and unbornwhiskey like this.
  15. cshadows2887

Yeah it's the uniqueness of them chasing that boogie sound, when they otherwise mostly had a clear formula

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Crazy. Hope he's ok.

Also, Big Ones is one of my all time favorite greatest hits albums. Top 3 for sure.

18. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

no better band than first five albums aerosmith

ok maybe first three albums blue öyster cult

Aregala likes this.
  19. cshadows2887

Extending it to Draw the Line is kinda generous, imo. But those first four, man.

20. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

draw the line is a drop off from rocks but not that much of one imo, it rips anyway

21. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Been listening to these three albums a lot recently and I still love them. Kramer's drums sound so big. Perry is so great on these.

22. cshadows2887

They're kinda cheesy and sleazy, so I get why people might not enjoy them, but they're also catchy, funny, and excellently-played.

23. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Perfect way to put it. Hell of a resurrection for their career, capped off by the perfect cameo in Wayne's World 2 haha.

beachdude likes this.
  24. cshadows2887

We're not worthy!!!

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

BornToRun likes this.