Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

AEG to Require Proof of Full Vaccination for U.S. Concertgoers and Event Staff • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 12, 2021.

1. HarrisonMonopoly

Regular

So we as a society, need to hide? You can only push people so far.

2. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Things (especially respiratory viruses) change so the response has to change, THAT'S not unreasonable

Joe4th likes this.
  3. The Lucky Moose

What we need is more people to get vaccinated and semi regular updates (for a while at least) of those vaccines. That's not a wild concept.

Joe4th likes this.
  4. HarrisonMonopoly

Regular

If there are booster shots, then I’m perfectly fine with taking them. I just don’t think the mental health of the world and the economy can survive if we have to continually shut the world down while waiting for the technology.

5. HarrisonMonopoly

Regular

i think maybe we are more on the same page then I thought.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  6. The Lucky Moose

I don't think anything like shutdowns would be remotely necessary if more people got the vaccine that we have now, not even talking about updates or boosters. It would not get rid of the virus but it would keep hospitalisations manageable.

7. HarrisonMonopoly

Regular

What percentage is it though? It will never 100% I doubt it will ever even get to 90%. But I also don’t trust the government when they say 70%.

8. The Lucky Moose Aug 17, 2021
    (Last edited: Aug 17, 2021)
    The Lucky Moose

Above 85% for sure. But in big countries like the US it has to be evenly spread. 70% is based on old data, from previous strains.

9. HarrisonMonopoly

Regular

I truly don’t believe we will get 85% of the adults of this country to voluntarily get that shot.

10. AMC

Regular

Remember getting your polio booster? Yeah me neither..

11. AMC

Regular

Shutdowns have proven to do absolutely nothing. Masks have also been proven to maybe cut the risk down 10%, if that. Not sure what half of the people in his thread are watching or reading. My guess is CNN, fears sells. That's also been proven.

I was scared once too. Like way back in April/may 2020... Then I woke up.

HarrisonMonopoly likes this.
  12. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

Zilla and The Lucky Moose like this.