Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

AEG to Require Proof of Full Vaccination for U.S. Concertgoers and Event Staff

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

AEG:

AEG Presents, a global leader in concerts and live events, announced today that it will be requiring proof of vaccination for entry into its owned and operated clubs, theatres, and festivals. The decision comes on the heels of the dramatic surge in Covid-19 cases as the Delta variant spreads throughout the United States. AEG Presents is either an owner or partner in such iconic venues and festivals as New York’s Webster Hall and Brooklyn Steel, The Roxy and El Rey Theatre in Los Angeles, The Theatre at Resorts World Las Vegas, Firefly Music Festival, Day N Vegas, The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, and Coachella Music & Arts Festival, among others.

The vaccination policy, limited only as required by law, will be in full effect nationwide no later than October 1, 2021. Several venues have already been following local government vaccination mandates, with others anticipated to come in the weeks leading up to October 1. The date was chosen specifically to allow time for any eligible unvaccinated ticketholders and staff to reach fully vaccinated status should they choose to do so. Leading up to October 1, AEG Presents will be implementing a policy of showing proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test taken within 72 hours of show date where permitted.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

mybreakingpoint and MrAirplane like this.
  2. failinginplace

Regular

GOOD.

also, this is a LOT of venues.

3. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I'm all for it

thechetearly and falafelmywaffle like this.
  4. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

As much as it hurts me to have mandates proof of X,Y,Z to get into venues, etc. as I’m definitely not a fan of “big brother” type activities… it’s MORE SO pisses me the f*** off that we’re at this point because people won’t simply do the right thing and get a freakin vaccine to help their fellow humans.

5. MacbethSin

Regular

It ain't "X,Y,Z" it's X where X = the plague shield

6. Earnie Banks

Its not a "shield" its a risk reducer, with many unknowns, including rates of long Covid, and severe case incidence amongst breakthrough cases. Not to mention kids, who are unable to get vaxxed, newfound vulnerability to the Delta variant.

Its irresponsible to be holding these events as Delta rages in the US. Get the vax, wear a mask in public, and social distance until hospitalizations are down. Period. No massive gatherings right now. These vax requirements are just a smokescreen to make it look like these events are being responsible and following science. But they are actually straight up irresponsible.

Its all about the money. This administration, like the previous one, has blood on its hands in regards to Covid. Completely reckless to send a message that you are invincible with the vax as cases surge.

7. thecobrakais

Regular

agreed 1000%. plus, the vax is not stopping the spread of this thing. it's helping more people not have severe illness due to covid, which is great, but it's still not solving the problem. and before people jump down my throat, I'm pro vax.

Earnie Banks likes this.
  8. reachingfor

Regular Supporter

Say it louder for everyone in the back!

Earnie Banks likes this.
  9. MacbethSin

Regular

Call it what you want lol, my only point was to shut down the guy floating "government overreach" in requiring proof of vaccination to attend public events.

10. AMC

Regular

I sure do wish the vaccination worked as planned. You can still get it and you can still spread it.

11. failinginplace

Regular

The vaccine was never a magic bullet and was never presented as such. What it does do it massively lessen your risk of catching it, and if you do catch it, your body is better equipped to fight it off. You can be vaccinated and still die from covid- it happened to my friends father. But that's one of the rare outlier cases, as what, 99.6% of the covid deaths are unvaccinated people?

And here's a key part- if you do catch it, it's meant to keep you well enough to where you dont have to go to the hospital and be a burden on an overwhelmed system. I live in Houston and know enough people that work at Memorial Hermann or Texas Childrens or even MD Anderson to know they aren't making a political plea when they ask for people to get vaxxed or wear masks or social distance, they are pleading so they can have a glimmer of hope at wrangling control of their facilities back from covid.

12. AMC

Regular

I mean the survival rate without the vaccine was 99.8% ha

13. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

You really don't understand basic math do you lol

14. HarrisonMonopoly

Regular

That’s exactly what it was advertised as. That’s exactly what we waited a year+ for.

“If you are fully vaccinated, you no longer need to wear a mask” — Joe Biden May 13 2021.

Every day the goal posts get moved with this thing. I got my shots. I’ve done my part.

AMC likes this.
  15. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Oh man, it's almost like things change and variants exist that causes science to re-examine situations!!!

Crisp X and Analog Drummer like this.
  16. HarrisonMonopoly

Regular

So then we make a vaccine for the delta, then another, and another and another? If viruses are always mutating, It could literally go on forever.and I’m pro vax. I got it as soon as I possibly could. I want this all to go away as much as the next person. But it was sold to us as ‘take this shot and you don’t need to worry about a thing’. Plain and simple. People are tired of being lied to and the goal posts moving.

AMC likes this.
  17. The Lucky Moose

Ever heard of the flu vaccine

18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Whoever sold that to you is insane. It's always been that we need a certain percentage of the U.S. to get it to reach herd immunity so it could be something closer to the flu in terms of how lethal it was and the numbers of people infected. In the meantime, it's also been that vaccinated people can get infected, but the side effects would likely not be as bad.

If the question is did the CDC screw up by having events back and masks off way too early and gave people hope too soon? Then yes, I agree with that.

Crisp X, Joe4th and Analog Drummer like this.
  19. HarrisonMonopoly

Regular

Yes I take it every year. The flu doesn’t shut the world down.

20. The Lucky Moose

The flu also mutates a lot faster and more drastically. These vaccines in comparison are expected hold up longer against severe disease than a flu shot. Updated versions of these vaccines (against current strains, which likely are closer to future strains than to past strains in terms of their mutations) will probably hold up even longer again.

Joe4th and Zilla like this.
  21. HarrisonMonopoly

Regular

My point is, people aren’t being told where they can and get not go without a flu shot. Masks aren’t a ‘thing’ to prevent the flu.

22. The Lucky Moose

Well, the latter at least pretends on where you live

23. HarrisonMonopoly

Regular

I believe the number we needed was 70% I could be wrong. Right now we are at (according to google anyway 57%). But the problem I’m having I have no reason not to believe the goal posts will get moved again when we reach that point.

24. HarrisonMonopoly

Regular

I live in New Jersey and work in New York City. For the FAAAAAAR majority of people, nobody wore masks because they were worried about the flu. I’m just sick of being told one thing and then it’s really another. I don’t think that’s THAT unreasonable.

25. The Lucky Moose

They got moved already, because the new strains is much more contagious. That's just how it is. Shit happens. It's the world humanity has made for itself. Reality bites.

Zilla likes this.