Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Adventure Time (Cartoon Network) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by ghostedaway, Mar 31, 2016.

1. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

I don't ever want this show to end

2. I wanted Supernatural to end on Season 10. Seasons 1-5 were its own arc in a way, so I thought it was only fitting that the next half of the series reflect that with another five-season arc. It's going onto Season 12 right now, and showing no signs of stopping. Last season had some really good moments, I'm not going to lie, but when's the end game? How are they ever going to wrap things up if they just keep adding and adding? Hasn't the show introduced then killed off enough side characters? I feel like even though there are truly great moments here and there, they're met with more and more mediocrity the longer the show goes on.

Adventure Time, of course, is only getting better and better, so I wouldn't mind more than 10 seasons at this point.

3. This show could go on forever. At this point, it's done so much character and world building that the possibilities are endless. Sure there are long arcs and pivoting plot developments, but this show has never felt beholden to traditional structure or an endgame. Though, I do look forward to the big event episodes and am curious what exactly a final season/series finale would be.

OotyPa and coleslawed like this.
  4. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Joe likes this.
  5. Woah, that's awesome.

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

bradsonemanband likes this.
  7. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Nooooooo

It will be cool to see how they decide to end this though.

bradsonemanband and Davjs like this.
  8. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Interesting that this and Regular show are ending around the same time. Oh well, we still have two more seasons and likely a full length movie that Ward's been working on

9. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i mean shows have to end eventually, will be interesting seeing how they sort of wrap things up and shift in that direction

10. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Fascinated to see how they work towards an end/end the show but I'm sad that it's coming to a close. I could watch these characters and world forever.

11. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Aww man. Still 9 seasons is a long time. Show's done well.

12. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Yeah, and at least they'll be able to build to a solid conclusion ahead of time.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  13. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Have a feeling they're going to leave a lot of things open ended, so many plots to tie up

Can't be worse than the end of the comet subplot at least

14. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

At least it's far off

15. Damn, and we were just talking about this in this thread. Hope they can build to a great ending. It's gonna suck to lose a staple in this golden age of animation.

Didn't know Regular Show was ending since I haven't kept up with it, but it's a great show too.

16. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Had no idea that was ending either. Now I'm bummed. Really liking the space setting for this new season.

17. I'm kind of sad that they're not getting a tenth season because that just sounds like a cooler milestone, but, as I've said, S5 was already kind of a double-season anyway and the season lengths have been pretty weird since. I didn't think AT could ever overstay its welcome like The Office or something (I didn't watch The Office, that's just what I've heard), but now I guess we're sure of it, and that's sort of bittersweet in a way.

incognitojones likes this.
  18. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Going out before things go stale is always a better choice

19. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

The Office did not over stay it's welcome haha imo but I honestly don't think that's a thing that could happen to AT. They can literally do whatever they want.

There's so much imagination in this show its crazy

20. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I've avoided this thread because I fell off a couple seasons ago but I love this show and am bummed it's ending. I think it's truly magnificent and special, so heartfelt and absurd and hilarious. Looking forward to more Bravest Warriors now, I've been missing it a ton

21. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

You should check out Steven Universe if you haven't already. Created by Rebbeca Sugar who was a former storyboarder and responsible for most of the songs in AT, similarly great.

22. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I've started it, I watch a lot less TV shows now than I did a couple years ago, but I'm mostly through the first season. Really enjoy what I've seen and I'm often told it gets really great so it's on my mind.

23. Joe likes this.
  24. Mitski sat in with Jon Batiste and Stay Human last night, and also had a web-exclusive performance.

25. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

ghostedaway, Shakriel and Joe like this.