Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Adventure Time (Cartoon Network) TV Show • Page 12

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by ghostedaway, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Nice!

2. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I'm just happy to have something new coming

3. Pep Butt!!!

4. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yessss didn't even know it dropped today

incognitojones likes this.
  5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

also had no idea, gona watch it tonight

6. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

Damn this one came fast I can't wait to watch!!

7. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Hot take: not great, felt way too disconnected from the main series. Felt more like a pilot for a spin-off that isn't getting made. I thought it was going to be hard basing it on Pep But and I was right, he has nowhere near the characterization needed to carry this, everything they added about him being dark and revered and banned felt over the top. Add that the plot didn't make much sense, it all felt like a weird one-off instead of a building of the world like all the other specials did.

I Am Mick likes this.
  8. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Yeah, I did not like this at all. Felt like another studio had a Harry Potter fanfic script and then got the rights to add Adventure Time elements to it. I was surprised that this came out of nowhere, and it’s because none of the artists I follow from the series worked on it

HBO initially ordered the first 3 specials and this was ordered later and it shows, feels very tacked on.

9. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

maybe ill skip it and leave the previous episode as my canonical ending

10. I'm rewatching The Final Seasons DVD again and the fact that there's only one episode between Islands and Elements is pretty wild. I remember the agonizing wait between inconsistent episode releases, where a bunch would drop in a week and then there'd be nothing for months, same with Steven Universe at the time.

I've bought some Adventure Time graphic novels, Marceline Gone Adrift and a couple Fionna and Cake ones.

11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

the Ryan North ones? They're a lot of fun.

The show definitely had some weird consistency issues, both in schedule and story. I feel like there were long stretches where Finn and Jake barely appear.

12. Right around the corner!

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  13. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Niiiice

14. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I’ll probably give it a shot but I never liked the Fiona and Cake episodes

15. Matt

Wow

16. Looks fun, I really liked the Fionna and Cake episodes, I even have a couple of their comics. Also, always excited to spend more time with Simon.

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

vein.ftm, Joe and RyanPm40 like this.
  19. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

watching this for the first time, I'm just starting s5. crazy how much emotional range this show can pack into 10 minutes, I Remember You fucked my whole day up

20. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

Was skeptical at first, but it’s looking really good

21. First two eps of Fionna and Cake were great. Feels great to be back in this world. Didn't know this show was rated TV-14.

vein.ftm likes this.
  22. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

Both eps were really great! My 10yo was way too excited about the curses and blood lol

23. Matt

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

That’s weird and sad