Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Adrianne Lenker - songs and instrumentals (October 23, 2020) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by MrAirplane, Sep 1, 2020.

1. MrAirplane likes this.
  2. MrAirplane

Trusted

the japanese bonus track

3. if any of these songs end up on the next big thief record like what happened with abysskiss->ufof I hope it's "not a lot, just forever" because I really like that song and would be curious what kind of drums james could put down under the swirling guitar part. plus I can already kinda hear buck doing high harmonies on the refrain in my head haha

also my other favorites ("anything," "ingydar," "zombie girl" etc) are perfect already, apologies to buck, james & max

4. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Adrianne mentioned wanting to do a full band version of “not a lot” in a recent interview, so it’s possible!

coleslawed and DaydreamNation like this.
  5. for real? hell yeah this makes me feel like a savant haha. unless I read that interview and somehow forgot but I doubt that

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  6. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Actually now that I think about it it was during her AMA, but yeah I definitely remember that comment in particular

DaydreamNation likes this.
  7. oh damn forgot that happened, should go check it out

8. MrAirplane

Trusted

haven't seen any actual clips of them playing "not a lot" yet but they've definitely worked on zombie girl, spud infinity, and the two songs adrianne posted while in the cabin (simulation swarm and "so much to share"). they just got to another studio a few days ago, feel like we have to be getting 2 albums next year

genericities and DaydreamNation like this.
  9. username

hey you lil piss baby

Anyone got a dl (that isn't a youtube rip) for that Japanese bonus track yet?

10. genericities

instagram.com/pegasusrides_

are there any clips floating of the two cabin songs? I saved simulation swarm but missed "so much to share"

11. MrAirplane Dec 7, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 30, 2020)
    MrAirplane

Trusted

the youtube uploader is sharing their 320kbps cd rip on slsk. edit - google drive link

here's the story from the cabin - clip 1

and here are clips of it from two weeks ago - clip 2, clip 3

genericities likes this.
  12. I don’t wanna be the owner of your fantasy
    I just wanna be a part of your family

shit fucks me up for real

ItsAndrew, yung_ting, zmtr and 3 others like this.
  13. MrAirplane Dec 15, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 30, 2020)
    MrAirplane

Trusted

this person made a mini version of the lp

local_corn likes this.
  14. MrAirplane

Trusted

Apparently there is a solo livestream next Friday through Bandsintown Plus

Adrianne Lenker @ Live Stream

ItsAndrew likes this.
  15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Hell yeah. Will definitely be tuning in to that!

MrAirplane likes this.
  16. genericities

instagram.com/pegasusrides_

Niiice

17. zmtr

Trusted

Still really obsessed with this record. Quite possibly the best pure songwriter on the fucking planet right now.

18. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

It took me until Not to truly love Big Thief (and then I went back and realized I had them pegged way wrong based off Masterpiece/the first few songs on the debut), but 100% agree. Unbelievable quality of output, and ridiculous quantity of it on top of that. This is right up there with any of the band records, too.

19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

So apparently, according to the guy who hosts the Bandsintown Plus streams she has a big surprise tomorrow. Not sure if it's related to her livestream on the platform tomorrow or something else. Could it be even more new music?

MrAirplane likes this.
  20. MrAirplane

Trusted

Nice! I have a feeling she might play mostly new songs but the ad does specifically say she'll play stuff from 'songs'. I imagine a "big surprise" would be related to new music, especially with how much they recorded last year, but who knows.

Does anyone plan on ripping the livestream? Or have any tips on how to do it? I will if I can figure out how

21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I was planning on recording it! I can send it to you afterwards provided all goes well.

22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

She said on Instagram the stream is her playing songs while her MeMa paints beside her, so that may be the surprise. That’s cool!

zmtr and MrAirplane like this.
  23. MrAirplane

Trusted

That'd be awesome, thanks a lot!!

24. ItsAndrew Jan 22, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 22, 2021)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

She's playing some new music on the livestream. Either she has another solo record up her sleeve she's working on or these are new Big Thief songs. The songs sound great!

MrAirplane and ImAMetaphor like this.
  25. MrAirplane Jan 25, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 25, 2021)
    MrAirplane

Trusted

The two new songs were strangely the only two that she shared on instagram while at the cabin last year - Simulation Swarm and Only Place (which didn't previously have a name). They definitely worked on both of these songs while recording recently so hopefully they are on a record later this year.

edit - forgot to count Spud Infinity as new. they recorded that one recently too