Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Adrianne Lenker - songs and instrumentals (October 23, 2020) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by MrAirplane, Sep 1, 2020.

1. radiodead

Trusted

Steven Hyden said that apparently Big Thief has already recorded their next record....didn’t know this.

2. zmtr

Trusted

Orla and radiodead like this.
  3. radiodead

Trusted

That BNM was a slam dunk but an 8.8 is higher than I would have guessed. Great for her.

4. MrAirplane

Trusted

They recorded for almost a month in early August. They also met up earlier this month to rehearse in Topanga Canyon and they had previously posted on IG asking for places to stay later this fall. Possibly working on another record?

radiodead likes this.
  5. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

This has been pretty good so far, but Zombie Girl really got me. Beautiful song.

mad likes this.
  6. zmtr

Trusted

This is ridiculously good. Been on repeat at work but I can't wait to get home and read along with the lyrics. She's a living legend at this point

7. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Yeah she's the best and this is great, I can't wait to listen to the vinyl this weekend. This has a similar energy to UFOF

8. mad

I was right. Prestigious

god I can’t believe how talented she is

9. ItsAndrew Oct 23, 2020
    (Last edited: Oct 23, 2020)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Whoa 8.8 and BNM. That’s awesome! So happy for her!

10. Agreed and I love it so much

jpmalone4 likes this.
  11. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Last paragraph of the P4K review is spot on, they did good here lol

jordalsh likes this.
  12. yeah I loved that

13. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Just bought on Bandcamp & looking forward to listening after work today. Abysskiss was one of my favourite records of 2018, so I’ve got high hopes.

MrAirplane and radiodead like this.
  14. radiodead

Trusted

Is today a Bandcamp day?

15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This is excellent

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  16. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Parts of the melody in zombie girl are giving me Powderfinger vibes

17. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Nope, the next one is November 6, but I wanted to give those first-week sales a boost.

radiodead likes this.
  18. radiodead

Trusted

Ok cool, I’ll probably wait till Nov. 6. Thanks for the info.

Orla likes this.
  19. spookymulder

iambirthdaydad.bandcamp.com

I can’t get it to play on Apple Music for some reason ):

20. username

hey you lil piss baby

Echoing a lot of thoughts in here, but this is outstanding. A massive level up to her prior solo stuff (which I love), so much so that I would probably put this up there with UFOF/Two Hands. It actually reminds me of UFOF a decent amount.

Loved “two reverse” “ingydar” and “not a lot, just forever” the most from the non-singles, but really it just reinforced “anything” as one of the very best songs of the year.

instrumentals is really nice too, went to it a few times while reading/studying today.

It’s astonishing the amount of times her music (both solo and with Big Thief) has just completely knocked me on my ass over the last 3-4 years. There’s no one better doing “guitar music” right now.

Orla, mad, yung_ting and 1 other person like this.
  21. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

people don’t talk enough about the secret endless fuckin well of arpeggios she somehow has access to. Her guitar work knocks me on my goddamned ass pretty much the whole time

22. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Upon first listen This is great like everything she does but I don’t know specifically why yet and that will come with time

Orla likes this.
  23. I really love her explanation of instrumentals as a thing somebody can listen to and feel like they have a friend nearby tinkering with a guitar

Orla likes this.
  24. tomdelonge

Trusted

I’ve never really listened to Big Thief or Adrianne Lenker solo before but this instrumental record is killer

DaydreamNation and Orla like this.
  25. zmtr

Trusted

Ingydar is a masterclass in writing. Absolutely incredible.