Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Adrianne Lenker - songs and instrumentals (October 23, 2020) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by MrAirplane, Sep 1, 2020.

1. UFOF is my favorite record by a country mile that any of the band members have played on, and when I think about it James' drumming is actually a big part of why. So upon reflection, while Cody's take is still wild to me that does make sense

2. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I love the band records a lot, especially Two Hands/UFOF/Capacity, but damn abysskiss is such a great record too. They all just are so talented it’s hard to choose what is best.

3. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

it really says so much about their sustained creative prowess that we can even have this conversation. Barely any artists can succeed to such a degree across multiple avenues/styles to be able to split a fanbase like this lol. Stupidly fucking talented

4. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I also grew up in a super weird/conservative rural Midwestern town with a huge country music influence, and Buck’s predilection to talk about small-town things in a small-town-specific manner will always strike a chord with me.

coleslawed and Orla like this.
  5. zmtr

Trusted

Only Big Thief album I enjoy more than abysskiss is Two Hands. So I get it. I love them all dearly though.

6. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I honestly just haven’t spent as much time with the solo material as I have Big Thief’s discography so it’s hard for me to be objective. I will say that I’ve never loved Two Hands the way most people seem to, and in fact would probably list it as my least favorite material by them. But even then, it’s still great.

Orla and MrAirplane like this.
  7. i got my tapes in the mail just now!!! so excited to listen in the morning

radiodead, Orla and jpmalone4 like this.
  8. zmtr

Trusted

9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

So unbelievably excited to listen on Friday!

trevorshmevor likes this.
  10. MrAirplane

Trusted

zombie girl video coming friday

11. radiodead

Trusted

She dropped instrumentals just now

DaydreamNation likes this.
  12. Instrumentals is a nice organic ambient album. songs is predictably gorgeous

DaydreamNation and radiodead like this.
  13. zmtr

Trusted

Loving music for indigo rn

14. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

songs is lovely. perfect fall/early winter record, as expected.

15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

jpmalone4 and zmtr like this.
  16. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah Songs is absolutely fantastic, as expected. Think it might be my AOTY (it will definitely be in my top 5 or 10).

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  17. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

it kinda lost me in the middle but the beginning and ending songs are absolutely fantastic

18. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Maybe it will be more active tomorrow, but kinda surprised at how quiet this thread has been in general. Feel like everyone from the Big Thief threads should be in here.

MrAirplane likes this.
  20. Gonna go for a walk with this in a few. Super excited to finally hear it

21. Well that was incredible. Man this girl is fucking proficient with a guitar. She really doesn’t make it sound like much, either. Might wind up liking this one more thsn Hours. I regret not preordering this

22. Loved this every bit as much as I expected to on first listen. With every record Adrianne has made or been a part of there are always a few songs that grab me immediately and then several that don't reveal themselves until I'm multiple listens deep. I'm sure this will be no exception.

Instrumental tracks were super cool but I'm not sure how often I'll return to them

23. mad

I was right. Prestigious

to absolutely no ones surprise, I love this

coleslawed and DaydreamNation like this.
  24. zmtr

Trusted

zombie girl is incredible wow

trevorshmevor and mad like this.
  25. radiodead

Trusted

Hey guess what I love this record and “anything” is probably the best song of the year tbh.

DaydreamNation likes this.