Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Adrianne Lenker - songs and instrumentals (October 23, 2020) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by MrAirplane, Sep 1, 2020.

1. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Hell yeah

2. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

yet another solid track, her solo work always takes time to sink in for me though. on that note, shout out to "hours were the birds and I guess they flew" for being an absolute beast of a line

MrAirplane likes this.
  3. MrAirplane

Trusted

4. MrAirplane likes this.
  5. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I want to hear this song every day for the rest of my life

radiodead and MrAirplane like this.
  6. MrAirplane

Trusted

7. MrAirplane

Trusted

radiodead likes this.
  8. This is such an incredible record - I think Adrianne’s my favorite vocalist ever

radiodead and MrAirplane like this.
  9. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

anything is so good. imo even better than anything off abyss kiss

trevorshmevor likes this.
  10. radiodead

Trusted

Not sure if I mentioned it here but it’s been in some of the press for the record. The vinyl is all analogue (AAA), which is so fucking great to hear. Thing is gonna sound incredible. An AAA record for about $20-25 is an absolute steal.

jpmalone4 likes this.
  11. mad

I was right. Prestigious

MrAirplane likes this.
  12. username Sep 30, 2020
    (Last edited: Oct 1, 2020)
    username

hey you lil piss baby

wisdomfordebris, zmtr and MrAirplane like this.
  13. Beautiful

14. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

this is going to be just as special as everything else her and big thief have done. i don't know how they do it.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Beautiful song!

16. MrAirplane

Trusted

17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

MrAirplane and genericities like this.
  18. Oh hell yeah, Petrusich does great work. Can't wait to read it

19. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Got my shipping notty

mad and MrAirplane like this.
  20. Cody

besides capacity, big thief has yet to top any of adrianne and buck's solo/duo work for me. i wonder if this will continue to secure that belief.

21. username

hey you lil piss baby

You do you, but imo this is one of the most absurd statements I've seen on here.

Love Adrianne's solo stuff (Buck's less so), but I think it's the interplay between the members that makes UFOF/Two Hands so special.

coleslawed and wisdomfordebris like this.
  22. Cody Oct 19, 2020
    (Last edited: Oct 19, 2020)
    Cody

Heard! I personally find Max/James’ rhythm section approach increasingly free form and not my thing, while Buck’s overall influence and Adrianne’s lyrics have struck me as less and less vivid over time within the band configuration. Theres not a record or song I’m less than adoring of from this group, don’t get me wrong. but I personally feel the creative apotheosis was reached as a four piece in terms of what I’m looking for musically around record #2.

23. wild take but thanks for sharing it haha

Cody likes this.
  24. excited for this record to finally drop this week...each of the last two fridays i've talked myself into thinking it was coming out that day only to check and be disappointed

Cody likes this.
  25. username

hey you lil piss baby

No shade, I think my response may read more aggressive than I intended! Put like this, I can definitely see how the solo records would appeal more than the latest Big Thief ones (especially if Capacity is the favourite). I think everything you list as deficiencies (wrong word?) regarding the later albums are exactly what I think works about them. I find the rhythm section particularly hypnotic on UFOF.

Cody likes this.