Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Adrianne Lenker - abysskiss (October 5, 2018) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Aug 7, 2018.

1. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah i was gonna hold off and check this out on my flight tomorrow but i couldn't wait anymore. this is perfect.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  2. zmtr

Trusted

This is insanely good. I love that everyone can still appreciate a straight up folk record. There's nothing quite like it.

Super perfect for this gloomy 55 degree day.

3. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Symbol is powerfully good

4. ImAMetaphor

What Can You Say ahhhhhhhh

5. ImAMetaphor

Yeah this is predictably gorgeous and I’ll inevitably listen to it 1,000 times between now and the end of the year. I love concise albums like this.

zmtr likes this.
  6. zmtr

Trusted

Yeah this is an AOTY contender I didn't expect.

Listen to this and "Pink Moon" back to back.

7. zmtr

Trusted

cradle is soooooooooooooooo good

8. Oh this is wonderful

9. yung_ting

Trusted

Perfect for the change in weather, beautiful stuff

10. Bummed that I recently decided to cut back on vinyl spending by setting a monthly budget — prevented me from snagging that awesome limited preorder. Luckily my local shop has it in today, but it’s a glow in the dark variant and I’ve only heard negative things about those. Hopefully those testaments wind up to be relatively untrue!

11. zmtr

Trusted

I've listened to this 4 times through today.

radiodead and trevorshmevor like this.
  12. username

hey you lil piss baby

I really appreciate that this doesn't just sound like a collection of stripped down Big Thief songs.

radiodead likes this.
  13. yung_ting

Trusted

this just gets better every listen, totally enamored

14. username

hey you lil piss baby

It's pretty much all I've been listening to the last few days, despite all the other albums calling for my attention.

It's very fitting for this frigid weekend.

15. username

hey you lil piss baby

I really love the guitar on out of your mind.

yung_ting likes this.
  16. yung_ting

Trusted

that melody in blue and red horses mmmmmm

CarpetElf and Swae Lee like this.
  17. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

this was pretty immediate for me and it’s only crept up on me more. perfect music for the cloudy and cool weather we never experience in october in texas lol

trevorshmevor likes this.
  18. Have been a little backed up on podcasts due to so much great music coming out recently, but I finally got around to checking out Adrianne’s episode of All Songs Considered. Definitely recommend to anyone in here, it only runs about 30 min and Adrianne gives some great insight into her creative process and obviously the album

19. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Thanks for the heads up!

I saw Big Thief this past Thursday, and I feel like I’m still reeling from it. I was standing right in front of Adrianne, and I was surprised by how tender and kind she was. I guess I was surprised because a lot of the Big Thief songs feel like they have a dark undercurrent to them. But I just totally adored her and the rest of the band: they were enthralling and lived up to all of my expectations. They opened with “Mythological Beauty” and basically tore through all my favorite songs in the first half of the set, culminating with “Not,” which was just one of the best things I’ve ever seen, thanks to a transcendent (and super long) guitar solo by Adrianne.

Anyways, I love Big Thief, and I love this album, and I’ve basically only listened to the two over the past week.

dadbolt, LWS and trevorshmevor like this.
  20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

This has been stuck in my head for weeks

21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Trying to decide if I should go see her or not tomorrow because there’s another shoe I also really want to see tomorrow. Anyone seen her live on this tour and how good is she live?

22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

love this record so much, just ordered the record. I think this is my favorite Adrianne Lenker record and I know that makes me a crazy person but i just love the raw production on this album.

23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

This record is still incredible.

teebs41 likes this.
  25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Def climbing my 2018 list