Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Adjy - The Idyll Opus (I–VI) (June 30, 2021) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Leftandleaving, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

It’s definitely a great summer night album

2. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

never heard of this band before but this sounds right up my alley. gonna check

beachdude and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  3. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Listen to the first song On the album, In Medias Res. Album is on bandcamp. Once I heard song (released in advance) I knew I’d have to check this album out.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  4. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

This album and music itself isn’t really pretentious, a lot of the “marketing” may provide that tone but there’s a comfort and accessibility that’s pretty easy to have on either in the forefront or background. Wouldn’t say it’s less commercial than a Coheed or The Dear Hunter record either.

Really starting to like this more and more upon more listens.

beachdude, .K. and Leftandleaving like this.
  5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah I don’t really have an opinion on the lyrics, and concept because I’m a die hard Coheed fan. I’m used to to it lol, and the music is great.

6. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I have nothing against concept records, but I do find those with themes like Thrice Alchemy Index are so much easier and accessible than some of these complex story ideas (which can sometimes have that pretentious feel to them). There are good and bad in both categories, but a strong song is the key no matter which concert route you go.

7. Leftandleaving

tomorrows gonna be something

beachdude and coleslawed like this.
  8. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

9. Leftandleaving

i shouldnt have said that. i just love that moment on the record. sorry!

Cameron, beachdude and matthaber like this.
  10. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

not sure I didn’t piece together those were lyrics:facepalm2:

my hype induced brain takes everything has a teaser , it’s a problem

Leftandleaving likes this.
  11. iredomi

I am surprised you haven't heard of them! But I guess their social media presence being nonexistent doesn't help finding them lol.

beachdude and Rowan5215 like this.
  12. Rowan5215

yeah I feel like if you missed Prelude you pretty much missed this band's existence haha

anyway I'm currently listening to Prelude and it fucking rules

13. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

I came to this thread for this comment.

14. Friendjamin

Regular Supporter

Does anyone know how this band name is pronounced? I have always said all of the letters out loud in my mind "A D J Y" but I realized that may not be right, since only the 'A' is capitalized. I’m not irl friends with anyone who’s a fan and I’ve never seen them live so I haven’t heard their name said out loud.

15. Leftandleaving

i say add gee

16. Rowan5215

there is... a lot of album here. overwhelming in a good way

beachdude and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  17. Rowan5215

reading the lyrics to this is a truly sublime experience. they're so gorgeously written but he fits them into the most beautiful hooks effortlessly, it's insane. this album might be a classic for me lol

coleslawed likes this.
  18. iredomi

I'm still going back and forth on how much I like this lol. In some ways it blurs together but I think the longer you stick with it the more distinct everything becomes but listening to this more than once a day is asking a lot lol. Having found the website for the lyrics helps not only for comprehending some of the trickier phrasing but also distinguishing parts (especially the last song which is technically in four parts according to the lyrics?)

19. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

It’s plays like a score with unifying themes and no concern for track names and titles in a way which makes it refreshing. I don’t want to listen to 20 more albums like it this year, but having something to escape into is fun. They could have made a more accessible record, but that to me would have made it less distinct in the music landscape.

20. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Really enjoying this — it’s been a great album to have on in the background while I’m working and then occasionally a different song catches my ear and I listen to it on repeat for awhile. So far it’s been O Tonight and In Medias Res. I’m sure there’s more to come

coleslawed, .K. and Rowan5215 like this.
  21. Rowan5215

is it actually possible to find the Grammatology EP anywhere, the one from 2014? seems to have been totally scrubbed from the internet lol

also @Mary V I think you would love this album!!

coleslawed and Mary V like this.
  22. Been meaning to check this out, it’s a matter of setting aside the time to listen!

Rowan5215 likes this.
  23. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Agreed!

24. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I distinctly remember having that tape in my cart from Flesh and Bone when they were having a sale. took it out for whatever reason and regret that deeply now.

25. iredomi

I bought the CD of grammatology and it like came in a booklet of lyrics and liner notes which was beautiful. They were confused that someone from NZ knew who they were though lol

beachdude and coleslawed like this.