Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Adele - 30 (November 19, 2021) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Oct 13, 2021.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Sorry I meant unavailable, that was really confusing

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

beachdude and bradsonemanband like this.
  3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Adele I promise you everyone is not making music for the TikTok

Sean Murphy likes this.
  4. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Strangers By Nature kind of gives me James Blake vibes with the instrumental which is certainly not something I ever thought I’d say about Adele. This is off to a strong start already.

5. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Can I Get It is gonna be everywhere lol… I really dig it now though, might change after it’s been overplayed

6. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Well, this is definitely a lot more interesting than 25.

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I gotta admit, I am VERY surprised in a good way that she is doing a ton of new things here, the one-two punch of Cry Your Heart Out & Oh My God is so unexpected but really great

EDIT: Can I Get It is ALSO fucking cool

beachdude and Craig Manning like this.
  8. Craig Manning

Easily by favorite part of the record.

beachdude and irthesteve like this.
  9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i dont find my music on the tiktok i find my music on the google

ItsAndrew likes this.
  10. irthesteve

now I'm just imagining a whole album in this style, would be pretttty amazing. A little bummed that the rest of the album is downtempo after those three, but everything on here is great

beachdude and Craig Manning like this.
  11. Craig Manning

Yeah, I want a few more bangers, or at least a few more like “Easy on Me,” which is a ballad but feels like it’s got some good momentum. I like all these songs, but the album gets sooooo slowww after “Can I Get It.”

irthesteve likes this.
  12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Does she go super deep into her divorce at all?

13. irthesteve

I was listening while working, so it wasn't much of a lyrical listen for me

14. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I'm on "I Drink Wine" now and... this is starting to rival Lorde for how disappointed I am in a 2021 release. Nothing has been bad, but nothing has been close to great yet, either.

stars143 likes this.
  15. Craig Manning

I’m not over the moon about it or anything, but it’s definitely way better than that Lorde album.

16. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Oh, I'm not comparing the quality, just how let down by what we got versus what we could've.

17. Craig Manning

I think I had relatively measured expectations for this one. I went in with really high hopes for 25 and I was pretty let down by that. Half of it is great, and half just feels like Adele paint by numbers.

18. Craig Manning

"To Be Loved" is an incredible vocal showcase, but I do not know why it is almost seven minutes long.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  19. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

That is how I felt about most of these songs, haha.

Craig Manning likes this.
  20. Craig Manning

I'm hoping some of those super long songs grow on me. Right now, all my favorites are the shorter stuff, haha

"My Little Love" is case-in-point: I like a lot of things about that song, but it just keeps going and going. And I think she overdid it with the voice recording bits.

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I thought this was pretty stunning. I had a blast listening to the Cry Your Heart Out-Oh My God-Can I Get It stretch, and those kinda hooked me in, but after finishing the album I queued up I Drink Wine, To Be Loved, and Love Is a Game. Felt like those were the ones I needed to hear again, so I guess I liked the longer songs more than some of you. To Be Loved was probably my favorite, got me pretty emotional tbh. Kinda surprised actually, I expected to leave more excited about the bangers (by Adele’s standards at least)

I really liked 25 at first and pretty quickly moved on though, so hopefully this one has a little more staying power for me

22. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Musically this is a snooooooooooze

23. some of these songs are absolutely too long

24. manoverboard365

Trusted

Finished my first listen. Seems like I enjoyed this more than most of you. My biggest criticism is that some of these songs are just TOO DAMN LONG.

I think Cry Your Heart Out and Oh My God are my initial favorites. and To Be Loved is he best vocals on the album.