Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Adele’s Note to Fans Confirms She May Not Tour Again

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Adele has confirmed in a letter to fans that she may be taking a break from touring:

Touring is a peculiar thing, it doesn’t suit me particularly well. I’m a real homebody and I get so much joy in the small things. Plus I’m dramatic and have a terrible history of touring. Until now that is! I’ve done 119 shows and these last 4 will take me up to 123, it has been hard out an absolute thrill and pleasure to have done. I only ever did this tour for you and to hopefully have an impact on you the way that some of my favourite artist have had on me live. And I wanted my final shows to be in London because I don’t know if I’ll ever tour again and so I want my last time to be at home.

2. DearCory

Regular

I can't believe she toured 25 this much (she could have easily cut the number of shows nearly in half by playing stadiums instead of arenas)... but my guess is she will go that stadium route next time, and maybe only do a handful of shows (similar to what Coldplay did last year). Then eventually, she'll just do a Vegas residency.

coleslawed and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  3. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I think your predictions are probably dead on. Judging by her comments, a Vegas residency would definitely suit her better. Vegas isn't her home, but since she's camped in a single place for months on end, she could make it homely.

coleslawed and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  4. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

As the only person in the world that still sells albums, she doesn't have to tour. I'll echo everyone else's thoughts and say a residency is in the works. More like Billy Joel at MSG than Vegas, but neither would surprise me.

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I doubt that she'll just never play shows again, but I won't expect to ever see such an extensive routing from her. I hope she's not done, because I'd love the chance to see her at least once. I really think a residency would be in London though. I don't think she has any deserve to relocate outside of England on any sort of semi-permanent basis, and she'll sell the tickets no matter where she is.

6. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

She's in a position where she can choose to do this, so I don't judge her. Im sure if you talked to a meat and potatoes punk/hardcore/indie band, many would choose the same. Being on the road is a tough gig.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  7. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Confirms maybe :chin:

8. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I think she prefers the acoustics of an arena.

DearCory likes this.
  9. Iamhollywood315

Regular

bands tour because you don''t make money unless you tour your ass off. She has so many millions she can still do music and let people enjoy it from a digital format and doesn't need to tour to make money but she says this now after being burned out. I'd say its a matter of time before she gets back on the road but does a smaller touring cycle

10. DearCory

Regular

She has a place in LA, and (I believe at least) most artists with residencies just fly back and forth as its only a 45min flight. Live in LA for the week, fly out on Friday, perform a few weekend shows, make LOTS of money, fly back to LA, repeat. Talk about the life lol

CyberInferno likes this.
  11. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

Let me preface this by saying I have no feelings toward Adele at all. I hear her singles on the radio and I'm not offended but I'm not in love.

I can't say I understand the logic in "I don't know if I'll ever tour again so I want my last show to be at home"
    Wouldn't you want your "last" road show to be for fans far less likely to ever see you again? Is it not very probable for her to play more London shows in the future since she lives there?

I'm just being pedantic on the internet, but I think that's kind of a silly statement to make.

Raku likes this.
  12. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

She should have played her last show in Uzbekistan because it's not very likely anyone from that country will ever get a chance to see her again.

Raku and bobby_runs like this.